Confused newcomer!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Confused newcomer!

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:12 pm

:idea: and welcome to the tree.

Can't really advise on newborn nappies as I didn't use them successfully on DS til he was 10 months. :( I do have BGs now and I love them. Not sure what they are like on a newborn but on an older baby they are fab - easy to use, absorbant and reliable. If you don't have much success with them in the early months keep them till LO is older.

I also have Teddies and love their soft squishiness. I do find they are not as absorbent as other nappies and will only last 1-2 so I tend to use them in the eve in between bubs having his tea and going to bed.

Another cheap option to try are flexi-tots by Tots Bots. I haven't come across many people using them on the forum but I have found them to be a great fitted option. As the Version 2 has just come out you can get the Version 1 quite cheap at the mo (bout £7 new). They are not the funkiest nappy around as they are only available in white - and don't let the plasticky look put you off. The inside is lovely and soft and they have good absorbency (last up to 3 hours on my average-wetter). They work well with most wraps, especially the Tots Bots PUL wraps and ME airflow and rikki.

Have fun and enjoy feeding your addiction :happypixies:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:15 pm

I got some bimbles easy peasy size 0 from ebay- v cheap, am going to try those when lo arrives :D . I will let you know how I get on. Also little lambs are doing a promo in the back of many preg and baby mags if you send of a coupon they send you 1 free nappy and inserts with wrap, you can choose what you want and I got mine really quickly. I have heard moixed reviews of them but they are cheap. Let's keep eachother posted on progress! :wine:

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 pm

hello, welcome and good luck :cnthug:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:08 pm

:idea:
I used BGs on my baby from about 8lbs with no probs :)
I used disposables for first few days :oops: but would def recommend liners if not - that meconium is evil!

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purplehearts » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:58 am

victoriaw wrote::idea:
I used BGs on my baby from about 8lbs with no probs :)
I used disposables for first few days :oops: but would def recommend liners if not - that meconium is evil!

Hmm, with my first two, they literally only did one or two nappies of meconium then it went to that yellow liquidy stuff, is meconium really that big a problem with cloth? I don't know as used sposies for newborn stage with both of them!

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:52 pm

hi,
my fav nappy is a Weenotion northern light for a fitted 2nd is a dunk n flff or swaddlebee,
fav pocket is A WN OS,

For a cheap option I wpuld buy nice wraps with terrys or prefolds in as in the first 2 months we were changing 15 times a day! :bf: poo! lol

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 pm

:idea: Welcom to the tree :D :cnthug: It's a fab place to feed an addiction.....and fab for advice too :D

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers