hf1

Hello to all from Slovenia

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Hello to all from Slovenia

Postby mamarozi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 am

Hi all! I've been lurking around here for weeks :coffee: , registred the past week and now I finally decided to introduce myself. I live in Slovenia, a small but beautiful european country-it borders on Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia. I work as a nurse in anesthesia but right now I'm on maternal leave. I'm a proud mom to a four months old girl, who gave me a real hard time for the first two months-a really fussy baby she was.
While I was pregnant I was determined in two things-I will breastfeed and I will use cloth nappies. Yeah, right!
I had huge problems with breastfeeding and my demanding baby didn't make it any easier on me. I tried every trick in the book and then SHE gave up. At two months she chose bottle over breast and I couldn't make her change her mind. :gaah: I started to pump but my milk supply is slowly decreasing, so I'm basically bottle feeding her almost completely.
As for nappies, I bought 12 pcs preloved BTP fitted cotton nappies, that are most popular over here(made in Slovenia) and 4 pieces sized fitted organic cotton nappies from Lotties. After one huuuge bf poo leak I was discouraged for a while. At the second cloth attempt, my baby started to spit up more, because of the huge bum-she was actually tilted back when lying down. When i tried for the third time, she hated the bulkiness between her legs and the fact she could not move so freely with her legs anymore. She was OK with the sized ones though, but those were getting to small for her. So I sold all of the nappies and started the hunt for the perfect nappy.
I got hold of two preloved itti bittis and loved the trimness, but found them not very reliable for longer periods of time or overnight. They also wicked terribly under tight vests.
Now we have 4 itti bittis size M, 4 extra inserts, 2 ittis size S (will be to small any moment now), one FuzziBunz size S-had a terrible leak at the tummy once and one wonderoo and two EasyPeasy Harmony, that I hate. I cant get them to fit.
I'm stll in search for the ultimate nappy...too many nappies out there to try out!!! I gave up the economy part of cloth diapering long ago :wink: I'm in it because of ecology :cnthug: and health!

So, here I am, devouring info on cloth nappies and looking for ones that would be right for us. Over here in SLO I can get a hold on TotsBots, BG, FB, Wonderoos, Lotties and two locally made brands. The foreign brands are so expensive over here and I hate the fact that UK suppliers can not ship TotsBots, BG and Motherease outside UK, :wtf:

Thanks for reading this a bit long post-but I wanted to introduce properly :D

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Hello to all from Slovenia

Postby clairelou88 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 pm

:idea: and welcome! :cnthug:

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Welcome to the Tree...
I'm sure you'll find lots of preloved bargains on the classifieds, and ppl won't mind posting to you... That way you could try out different brands

Hope you are more sucessful this time around... :cnthug:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:44 pm

:idea: I've had a very brief, pop over the border visit to your beautiful country.
Welcome to the forum :D

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 pm

:idea: and welcome

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Hiya Mamarozi, and welcome to the CNT! I was going to say the same - the Classifieds section on here might hold a few bargains for you, and I'm sure some wouldn't mind quoting International Postage. :D

:idea: :cnthug: :idea:

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mamarozi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 am

Thanx for the warm welcome. Actually...I already made my first classifieds purchase, before I read all your responses, hehehehe, didn't take me long! I enjoy the forum very much, there's so much info, plenty of advices and a very positive vibe. Cloth diapering is present in our country, but the community is practically non-existing. There's one sub-forum in one of the parenting forums, and it's more dead than alive. So, I come here for advice and info.
I hope my new nappies arrive soon!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:33 am

Hi and welcome, I am glad you are liking it on here and finding the information you need. Sounds like you have already found the classifieds too which hopefully will help your search for the right nappy :D

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:47 am

Hello welcome to the tree, and happy hunting!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers