My avatar
MichelleEmmaJane
Clothie
Clothie

Hello :)

Postby MichelleEmmaJane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:56 am

Hello :)

im Michelle, New to the site.
I have a lovley Daughter whos 6 months old :)

Im not currentley useing cloth nappies but i have been looking at all the diffrent types as i would like to try them and hopefully i get on ok with them and hope to use them all the time rather than desposable ones.

I have see there is some all in one nappies that fit all sizes and these look good but there is so many diffrent one i havent a clue what ones i would get on better with.

So if anyone knows of a site that any Free Samples or Tryal Packs that might help me decide? Or if anyone might have any old ones that are good would be grate help.

Thanks
Michelle xx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Hello :)

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:01 am

:idea: Hi Michelle! Welcome to CNT! :cnthug:

Good luck in your quest to start using cloth...its such a minefield to begin with...the classified sections on here are fab for getting bargains and trying out different ones for little money compared to new and then you can sell on the ones that dont work for you :) Check with your council as alot of them offer schemes for money off or starter packs depending on where you live...Mine gives cloth users £100 refund on any nappies you buy :)

persoanlly we dont get on with all in ones (AIO's), pocket nappies such as bumgenius, weenotions etc are good as you can customise the absorbancy with extra inserts/boosters. Personally we use fitted nappies with wool over the top (longies/shorties soakers wraps etc) and occasionally we use motherease airflow wraps. :)

Hope that helps a little bit :)

Tory x

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Hello and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:17 pm

:idea: think we have already chatted on another thread but here's my official welcome :cnthug:

My avatar
MichelleEmmaJane
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MichelleEmmaJane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Hello :) :idea:

Thanks for the welcomes.

im pritty thick with these cloth nappies as theres all diffrent ones and some you need inserts or wraps ect.... and i dont know what gose with what lol

Any names of good ones i should look at ? id like something that will abzorb alot and nice a soft/fulffy .

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Michelle and welcome :idea:

You will get loads of good advice on here. Have a look through the classifieds for cheaper nappies than new and if you don't get on with them you can always sell them on again :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:34 pm

MichelleEmmaJane wrote:Hello :) :idea:

Thanks for the welcomes.

im pritty thick with these cloth nappies as theres all diffrent ones and some you need inserts or wraps ect.... and i dont know what gose with what lol

Any names of good ones i should look at ? id like something that will abzorb alot and nice a soft/fulffy .

I love bamboo little lambs, they are fab with a motherease airfow wrap, we also like goodmamas, dunk n fluff, weenotions northern lights, weenotions night notions for nighttimes, hollow oak, puddlekins...they are litterally hundreds of types...I avoid anything cotton becuase its not absorbant enough.. and these all need wraps or wool or fleece over the top...

As for pockets bumgenius, weenotions, happy heniys, blueberries are all names that spring to mind! :)

My avatar
MichelleEmmaJane
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MichelleEmmaJane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Heehee, to many to choose from in soooo confused lol

Is there an all in one where i dont need to add anything like a wrap or liner that is nice and soft on the outside too ??

My avatar
MichelleEmmaJane
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MichelleEmmaJane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Ok i have read a bit more in to them all now and i think i get what the diffrent nappies are Wahooo lol

Gosh its quite hard when you go in to useing them for the first time heehee

I think im going to have a look at some all in one nappies and a cloth nappie with wrap to see what i like better :)

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers