Hello from Kent

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm Katie mum to Lachlan 2 and Zachary 8 months so there is lots of cloth nappying going on here. We live in West Sussex.

Come in and chat with us. Looking forward to hearing more about you. :D

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

thanks for the welcome

Postby JennyWren » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:42 pm

Hello to you all and thanks for the lovely, warm welcome. I was delighted to read all of your responses and can't wait to get chatting on here with you all. Hope you are all having fun this evening. I have finally got everyone in bed and enjoying a lovely glass of cider - the dressmaking may go a bit wonky later, but a girl needs to have some fun!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi and welcome to cloth nappy tree :D I'm Karen sahm to Ella 8 Sophie 5 and Georgia 22months.

I keep meaning to get my machine out and buy some fabric to make some dresses for George for the summer, what are you making?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: thanks for the welcome

Postby clothmama » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:40 pm

JennyWren wrote:Hello to you all and thanks for the lovely, warm welcome. I was delighted to read all of your responses and can't wait to get chatting on here with you all. Hope you are all having fun this evening. I have finally got everyone in bed and enjoying a lovely glass of cider - the dressmaking may go a bit wonky later, but a girl needs to have some fun!

We have a lovley bunch of girls on here!! A big welcome from me too! My Louis is 20 months and I haven't even shown him a potty :oops: :oops: dont' want to even think about potty training. I do think I best add a Potty Training board though as there are so many of us heading in that direction!! :lol: :lol:

Yah for the cider, you'll soon discover there are lots of us that enjoy a tipple on here and we often have quite amusing late evening posts! :wink: :lol:

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LadyMoonlight » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Welcome.

I'm Sue and I'm a SAHM to Luke & Hannah, both nearly 20 months. I'm also in Kent :D

I've just dug my very ancient Bernina out of cold storage (and paid a small fortune for it to be serviced :shock: ) and plan to start making my two some clothes.

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi, I've finally got to the computer. The rest of the family have been hogging it all evening. I am making a Tudor costume for my 8 year old daughter to wear to a re-enactment day at school. I am a bit of a novice but I have managed to adapt a 70's velvet evening dress that I bought on Ebay and have embellished it to look Tudor. I have also made an underskirt, a bum roll and am about to embark on a headress! Not only that, but I am enjoying the sewing so much that I am making a mini costume for Livia! My husband now thinks I have gone completely mad, but it is going to look so sweet! My older daughter, Stella, has hatched a bit of an evil plan as she insists that Livia goes dressed as a serf, while she is going to be an aristocrat! Sisters, eh?!
The machine is ancient, it is a beautiful, manual Singer - brilliant as it is silent while Liv sleeps. I might have to show you all a picture of the pair of them dressed up, once it's all finished..

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:11 am

Oooh yes, pics please!

I used to have one of those hand cranked singers - I learned to sew on it. But have lost too many bobbins and use my mums old bernina (circa 1978) now (and should be making curtains :roll:).

Helen
x

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers