Newbie late convert!

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Newbie late convert!

Postby Charlootle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Hello!

I'm Charlotte and I have a little boy called Jaden who is 2 on the 5th of March. I've just started using cloth nappies as had a bit of a epiphany, it's rather late in the day I know but if/when I have any more children I'd like to use them again. I think the reason Ive come so late to it is lack of information, no-one has ever mentioned cloth nappies to me and I don't know anyone who uses them! Hence I am very uneducated! So far Jaden is using bumgenius Flips, bumgenius v3, a bamboozle (with a motherease airflow) and a tots bots flexitot. I've had good success with all of them although did get some wicking with the flip because hes been poorly and lain next to me in one position on the sofa for an extended period of time, so I'm guessing these wouldn;t make good night nappies?

I've yet to try a real nappy over night so any thoughts would be much appreciated! Shape wise Jaden is quite little, still has a baby pot belly but quite skinny legs. The bamboozle size 2 is on the second smallest waist setting.

So that's me, looking forward to getting to know you all :-)

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Newbie late convert!

Postby twinkletot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:10 pm

:idea: welcome to the tree. You will find fab advice here so don't be shy about asking. Everyone is really friendly.

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Welcome to the tree :cnthug: for us the best night nappy is the wee notions night nappy, we absolutely love them :) either that or we use a fuzzi bunz stuffed with 2 hemp inserts and a microfibre :)

Becks x

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:01 pm

:idea: hello and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

We have a 16 month old and we use BG V3's at night with no problems at all :D

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks for the greetings! I've already got some fab advice and am finding myself getting slightly obsessed with nappies... :wink:

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:20 pm

:idea: welcome
i 2nd WNNN there great :wine:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:30 pm

hi :idea: welcome to the tree
I only ever use Wee Notions Night Nnotions or HL Bedbugs at night covered with wool or fleece at night and find that the WNNN are best since they are usually dry to the touch in the mornings :D

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:13 am

:idea: Welcome to CNT. For a 2 year old you'll probably need to get a dedicated night nappy as I doubt you'll get any others to work succesfully without leaking. Have fun finding the ones that work for you.

Return to Welcome Newcomers