hf1

Hey there! (StephyG from CNA!)

My avatar
elfin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elfin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Steph, nice to see you again :D What part of Portugal were you in? We've just booked to go for 10 days in May!

Emer x

My avatar
raffertygrey
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby raffertygrey » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:55 am

Near Praia de Luz :shock: We only went to Luz one day though, spent a lot of time in Lagos. My mum lives further West, up from Vila de Bispo in the National Park - such a beautiful coastline.

Where are you staying Emer?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Your holiday sounds lovley and good on you for taking your cloth nappies! I did the saem when we went back to the UK for xmas using dispos at night as the year before I didn't and it felt like all my baggage allowance was used up with night nappies!

I'm Tory, mum to Josh and Louis 21 months next week :shock: :shock: . Look forward to chatting, just jump right in everyone is very friendly!

My avatar
elfin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elfin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:06 pm

That's a coincidence Steph :D . We're staying in Luz too - a villa just west of the town directly opposite a lovely quiet little beach. This will be our fourth visit to the same place. It's perfect for the little ones without having to compromise too much on what we enjoy, so we decided not to bother looking elsewhere for now :D . Mind you, this is the first time we've been restricted by school term times and the flight prices are scary, especially as Éile will be a fare paying passenger when we go :shock: .

I envy your mum living in such a beautiful place!

Emer x

My avatar
raffertygrey
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby raffertygrey » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Wow, that's really near where we stayed then! We were just west of Luz too, down a little country lane just off the main road (there's a turning for Montinhos de Luz).

Do you eat out much when you're there? I can recommend the Fisherman's restaurant right next to Lagos station, round the Meia Praia side of the marina. We've eaten there a few times the last couple of times we've visited and it never fails to disappoint. They do mainly fish but you can order anything from a toastie to a burger and it's always delicious and reasonably priced. Their sardines are always cooked in the traditional way, outside over the massive grill!

Also, there's a little restaurant up the top of Lagos which everyone knows as Petiscos - lovely food in massive portions, most of the time you can only manage one meal between two.

As you can probably tell, I LOVE Portuguese food (mind you it helps that I worked in a restaurant over there for a few months and rather conveniently have not forgotten how to speak almost perfect restaurant- Portuguese!!)

My avatar
elfin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elfin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:43 pm

I know the turning you're talking about Steph 8) . Not far at all from where we go!

Thanks for the restaurant recommendations - I'll make a note of them. The last couple of years I'm afraid to say we hardly moved outside Luz, but this year we hope to be a bit more adventurous :lol: . I was on holiday in Lagos many years ago and thought it was a lovely town with great restaurants.

Small world isn't it :lol: !

Emer x

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers