First Antenatal Visit Today!

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: First Antenatal Visit Today!

Postby daydreamer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:04 pm

:idea: welcome to the tree and congrats on :pregnant:

As the others said, at 12 weeks I had bookings and first scan, i didn't think they offered one earlier unless there had been problems before? Different counties work differently though and the more care u get the better i guess! :hug:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Allie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 pm

Hello and welcome to the tree :cnthug: . Congratulations on your :pregnant: , I remember having loads of appointments with my daughter but nowhere near as many with my son. Hope the scan goes well, how exciting to see your bubba so early :-)

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 pm

Oh wow Congratulation! I just had a booking appointment, then a 12 weeks scan, then normal appointments ever 4 weeks at first I think, then every 2 weeks and right at the end every week. They'll probably want to monitor your thyroid. Mine was a bit funny (borderline underactive) before conceiving Ella and they tested it again, but my body was compensating ok. My brother is a GP and said it can go funny again after you give birth postnatally too. It's important to have things balanced with your thyroid though as it can affect developing LO if your body isn't able to compensate itself, then you might need thyroxine instead so good they will monitor it.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:50 am

I just realised it was already evening when I posted - how did the appointment go? :hug:

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:02 am

:idea: Welcome to the tree :wine: Congrats on the bump!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm

It went fine, was just the booking in, then I have a Midwife appointment on the 9th and the scan on the 19th apparently Worcester County Council just give you loads of support and appointments, which is fine by me! :)

a little gutted as am only going to have the 10 week scan and then nothing until 20 weeks though so won't see the baby in the mean time. The Nurse I saw yesterday was lovely and said that I need to stop worrying about anything going wrong that I am in the perfect age group and that I just need to relax and enjoy it!

Tor's will E-mail you as well. Having guilt issues with SIL!!!! Need some big sister advice please! xxxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Conratulations - gald the scan went well. I have underactive thryoid too and the care I got was excellent although I got a bit fed up of having to go to the hospital. I had a scan at 6 weeks (we had a scare so that was totally unrelated to the thyroid) then just the normal ones at 12 and 20 weeks (oh and another one at about 37 weeks because Ewan was breech)but I had to go and have my blood and measurements done every two weeks from about 12 weeks to 30 weeks - they bascially just measure your bump to make sure bambino is growing properly. They had to up my levothyroxine dose which was fine and then I had to have it checked again six weeks after bubba was born to see if it needed to go back down again. It didn't at the time but need to go back again in a few weeks to have it checked again.

Hope it all goes well for you - don't panic about the thryoid, they'll take good care of you and there is no need to worry it'll affect baby.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks Simlou, It wasn't a scan yesterday, have my first scan on the 19th March, can't wait!

Glad that everything went well for you and that there aren't any side affects from the Thyroid! :)

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Congrats hon,
Welcome to the tree! I am also quite new and having baby number 1 in about 8 weeks, hopefully! I had lots of appointments early on too, and no complications but it just worked out that way. Keep us all posted on your pregnancy and adventures in cloth. :idea: - Aimee xx

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Newcomers