hf1

Hello from Scotland!

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Hello from Scotland!

Postby rachelinscotland » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:59 pm

Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself! Only came across the board today and it looks like loads of fun, as cloth nappies are so addictive! :oops: (Or maybe no need to blush here, as everyone else agrees! LOL)

I'm Rachel (as my name says), mum to Abigail 2yo and Benjamin 11mo. We live in the North of Scotland (tho I'm originally from USA).

My husband got me onto cloth nappies, as he'd been to a enviro-friendly meeting where a real nappy table was set up, and the thought they would be better than all the disposables. Little did he know what he was starting! LOL I used prefolds & Proraps for the first 16 months of my daughter's life, but around the time her brother was born, they just weren't working right anymore (she was between sizes in wraps and finally started walking & nappies were falling down). Also, the prefolds weren't working for my little boy either, so I started trying out other nappies (mainly thanks to a trial scheme) and I got hooked first on Tots Bots style nappies and Motherease Airflow wraps (the *best!), and now I love Minki Fleece pockets for night time (with bamboo prefolds inside! I love bamboo!). So, a whole new world of nappies opened up. I've sewn a few nappies too, but usually too busy for that. Maybe someday, for my grandchildren! LOL

Look forward to reading more posts and hopefully saying a few things myself, when I find the time to stop reading! :)

My avatar
angelwingz
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelwingz » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:03 pm

Hiya, whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm Sahra, I have 3 little ones and I'm in NE Scotland in Moray.
Its a slippery slope now :lol:

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:09 pm

angelwingz wrote:Hiya, whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm Sahra, I have 3 little ones and I'm in NE Scotland in Moray.
Its a slippery slope now :lol:

In the highlands, just north of Inverness.

Yes, I know! The nappy pile continues to grow. I have over 101 nappies and more coming in post! lol About 48 of them *are* prefolds (so don't really count, do they?).

My avatar
angelwingz
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelwingz » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:35 pm

No you're right, they don't count you need to buy more!

101 nappies :shock: Where do you put them all

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No prefolds dont' count - they are just boosting / stuffing for pockets!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: A big welcome to you and well done on your husband - I think that is the first hubby I've heard of starting the cloth nappy use!

Wow, the Scottish highlands, somewhere I'd love to go!

I'm Tory, mum to Josh 6.5 and Louis 21 months, I used nasty dispos on Josh and have used cloth with Louis since we left hospital! I live in the South of France but we are trying to sell our house and get back to Australia!

Look forward to chatting with you!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:26 am

Hello Rachel
I'm Rae, and have 15 month old Kayleigh. It's quite strange when cloth nappies go from being purely practical (like when we were exclusively using little lambs) to being fun as well. Look forward to chatting.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:08 pm

Hello Rachel! Hi and welcome. I'm Louise, mum to Amy 4, Ryan 2 and Katie 5 months. WOW 101 nappies, that's a lot, even if a lot of them are prefolds!

Look forward to chatting some more!

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Thanks for all the friendly messages of welcome! Nice to find a place where you can chat just about nappies! lol Having said my husband got me into nappies, I think he gets rather bored of hearing about different features and pros/cons of various nappies I try! LOL At least I won't have to worry about boring all of you here - well, not as likely to anyway! :)

My avatar
dawn
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Hello from Scotland!

Postby dawn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:42 pm

Hello!! I'm new here too, been joined a while but reading rather than posting! and also new to cloth! Thought I'd say 'hi' as I'm also in the north of Scotland (though the islands rather than highlands) but know the highlands as I used to live in Inverness. That's great your husband introduced you, mine has taken some getting used to it so I'm just introducing cloth slowly lol!! I have a boy (almost 3) who I never used cloth with, and now I have a 10 week old daughter and she's in cloth mostly.

Wow at having sewn nappies yourself, that's impressive! Look forward to chatting more, I'd be keen to hear the pros/cons as it's all I've been looking at recently lol!!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers