hf1

My avatar
alexhevans
Clothie
Clothie

Postby alexhevans » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi! I'm Alex, mum to Emily who is just under a year old. I'm a late starter with cloth nappies - first I got confused with the vast array of nappies, so thought I'd wait until after she was born to see what shape she was :giggle: ; then I couldn't cope with the idea of washing breast fed baby poo'd nappies in my machine :oops: ; and then Emily was diagnosed with hip problems :( , meaning she had to be in a brace for 4 months :( :( , and reusables were too bulky to fit underneath. She is still in the brace at night, but it is larger and so there is room for more bulk! Now, after a trip to Mamigreen and coming home with a load to try, I found this board and am rapidly building my stash. Emily seems very comfy in her new nappies, and I'm happy to not throw out tonnes of rubbish each week - I am definitely converted, not sure my husband is, but think that might be an excuse to not change nappies!

Alex

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi and welcome to the tree! I am Gemma mummy to Harry we started using cloth at 9 months be love it now! But be warned it is addictive! X

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Newbie

Postby Emma1977 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:28 pm

:idea: :idea: I started buying nappies before DS was born, tried them at about 4 weeks and quickly gave up due to some bad leaks and then tried again at 10 months and not looked back (DS is now 14 months). Enjoy building your stash and look forward to chatting with you on the boards :D

My avatar
alexhevans
Clothie
Clothie

Postby alexhevans » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm already addicted to this site! I've been warned by my husband that the financial benefits of using cloth are rapidly dwindling! I'll have to hope that Emily is a late starter for potty training so we get out money's worth!! :wink:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 pm

:idea: welcome to the Tree!

Return to Welcome Newcomers