Hello from Swindon!

My avatar
lellypoo10
Clothie
Clothie

Hello from Swindon!

Postby lellypoo10 » Thu May 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi

My name is Liz & I have a 4mth old baby boy called Elliott I have just come across the world of cloth nappies from going to a baby fair. I never thought about using them before but my baby has really sensitive skin & I have tried all different brands of disposables nappies but they all gave him red blotchy skin so time to change!

Please can anyone give me some advice on where to start what is best for night times etc

Thanks

Liz
x

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Hello from Swindon!

Postby mummyme » Thu May 13, 2010 8:16 pm

:idea: hope you have fun here mind you dont get to addicted to fluff

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu May 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi we had same problem at newborn stage and found it was the wipes :roll: so can highly recomend cloth wipes. As for nappies its a whole big world of cloth in here to explore so have a look through the forum. welcome and ask away x x

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:35 pm

hi welcome :idea: i live near salisbury :) night nappies i'd reccomend weenotion night notions:)

My avatar
lellypoo10
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lellypoo10 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi thanks Ladies there is so much choice the one's I saw today where really fluffy fleece ones & they said these are good for night time have no idea of the name but I thought I would give them ago :)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu May 13, 2010 9:15 pm

:idea:

My dd gets rash from disposables too. My advice would be to not buy alot of one type of nappy. Try lots of different ones until you find the ones that suit your baby & you best. Classifieds is a great place to find nappies cheaply.

Alot depends on how heavy a wetter your little one is. Bamboo is the best at absorbing, hemp is good too but slow so needs the help of a quicker absorber for baby not to feel the wet so maybe bear that in mind when buying. The best nappies are made by WAHM not the mass produced ones.

Ask loads of questions.

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Thu May 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Hello Liz

I'm sure we met today - I ran the stall with all the wetbags and all the goodies on!

Very glad you have decided to use cloth - I think you were probably looking at the Lollipop Softee or Micro - they are very soft. The softee is good for day or night and the Micro is a better day nappy. The nappy lady - Vanessa - you saw today is very experienced and will give you great advice! :D :hug: You could also try a bamboo nappy overnight - there are lots of makes available :D

Come back tomorrow for more fluffy talk!!!!

Vickix

My avatar
lellypoo10
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lellypoo10 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi Vicki yeah we did meet today how weird.lol Yes Vanessa was great she has really got me into it so wanted to do a bit of research before she comes out to see me next week. If I am able to I will come down again tomorrow as I deffinatley want one of those bags when I get my nappies.x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri May 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi LIz and welcome to the Tree :idea: I am sure you will get loads of great advice on here, and I hope you find something that helps with Elliot's sensitive bottom

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers