hf1

Hello!!! Little help required!! LOL!

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Hello!!! Little help required!! LOL!

Postby EeeGee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:14 am

Hi there! My name is Emma, I'm 29 and first time mum to DD Penny.

I started putting her in cloth when she was about 2.5 months (she's now nearly 10 months) and I have to hold my hands up and admit that I did what I always do and I jumped in feet first, probably without doing all the appropriate research.

I looked up what I needed, and did a trial run with the nappy we wanted to try and then bought a large stock of those and have been using them ever since (Bumgenius). But I tend to give up quite quickly when I hit a hurdle and back into disposables she goes, of which I am ashamed! :oops: I don't want to do it but it's just easier to me at the time. (main problem is compression wicking when bodysuits get too small - but we've fixed that problem so that's one hurdle overcome!) Therefore her cloth-wearing has been very on-again, off-again.... something I'm trying to stop.

Anyway, I am getting back on the horse though now (hence the siggy!!) and I just need some help to find the right nappies to increase my stash and get my daughter back in cloth full time. I have friends that are big cloth addicts who are helping me and pointed me to this place too!!

Am looking forward to getting to know you all! Sorry about the ranting introduction, but wanted to let you know where I'm at!! Thanks if you managed to read it all! :lol:

Emma x

PS: We want pocket nappies!! LOL! A condition for DH. Birth-to-potty are preferable, but I don't mind others (like Wee Notions?)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Hello!!! Little help required!! LOL!

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am

Hi,

Just wanted to say welcome. I'm Tanya and I'm mummy to 5.5 month old Bella, who is a full-time cloth bum.

I can't give you much help re: other pockets as we mostly use BumGeniuses. We do have some Happy Heiny One Size and Blueberry One Size both of which are very nice nappies.

Look forward to chatting more

Tanya

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi Emma welcome to CNT - come and have a look round the site, there is lots of help available from us on which nappies to use and what to stuff your pockets with to help avoid wicking!

We gave up using poppered vests when Isabelle was around 10-12 months ish (can't remember exactly!!)
As I found they did pull on the nappy - but my friend using disps finds that poppered vests pull on a full disp too :? (she still uses them on her 23mo tho')

Bumgenius are a good nappy but a little boring in terms of patterns for my tastes ;) I've got two tho' and they're a very good nursery nappy...
I stuff with the microfibre insert that comes with them - and pop an easypeasy hemp booster behind and find that lasts really well and we don't get wicking unless someone has left it on too long...

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi Emma,

Pocket wise we use Happy Heiny, Pocket Bot and fuzzi bunz and haven't had any problems. What inserts are you using?

Looking forward to chatting nappies some more with you.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi Emma

Welcome to you and penny! I'm Beck mum to Hannah, Phebie and William.

I love Green kids never had a leak and fit great. Look forward to getting to know you both

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Hello Emma,
Welcome to CNT. I'm Rae, and have 16 month old Kayleigh. Don't be ashamed of using disposables, there are times when most of us will for one reason or another. We are going on hols to America soon, and although I don't like using disposables it is something that we will do.
We never used poppered vests. I think that with cloth they are a nightmare (and cover up pretty nappies). We have got vests (aka singlets) either from this website http://www.zodee.co.uk/babies/bonds-bab ... ets/25206/ or sent over by friends in Aus.
Kayleigh can outwee a bamboozle with a hemp booster in it after swimming (she drinks a lot of pool water) in 20 minutes, but with out bumgenius with its microfibre insert and an easy peasy insert, we can last 90 minutes after swimming, so if you don't have any hemp in your bg, I would suggest that.
As far as pockets go we have BG's, blueberries, happy heinys, pocket bots, Minnie O, and they are all lovely. We leave our BG's for nursery, because they are the most reliable (n their hands), but if I were to buy more I would go for poly pocket bots.

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby EeeGee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Hello again and thanks for the warm welcome :D

To answer your questions - we use bumGeniuses... non-boosted as we don't (read didn't) have much problem with leaks before... The only time she was leaking was wicking from the too-tight bodysuits (now sorted hopefully with popper extenders from babykind!) and if we were somewhere and couldn't change her soon enough and so she was in it a smidge too long.

We only have 16 daytime nappies atm... we manage quite well although washing every 2 days. Have since been told that is not enough - by an addict mine so not sure whether to believe her or not! LOL! - and so we're going to get some more.... and I want some more girly fabrics!!

At night, we use fitted nappies and wool. Or at least we will be again soon! We have 2 Tots Bots fluffles (which we haven't used yet and need to learn to boost) and a Wee Notion Night Notion which was fab, then got compression wicking and haven't used since, although we have now bought popper-less vests and wool longies to accompany that!

Anyway, I'm going for a look around - once I've done my lanolising!! Thanks again for your replies :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi and Welcome.

Well, I don't think you can go wrong with BG's, Happy Heiny Onesize and Green Kids - all one size pockets which we like.
Of course Wee Notions are gorgeous and a must have luxury.

You must tell us what you buy and how you get on :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:22 pm

Welcome to you and Penny Emma! :D

I would agree with the others to pop another booster in hemp behind the mf BG one that should sort out that issue. I do agree that you need more nappies though :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: for pretty girly ones that are reliable to boot I would go with WeeNotions pockets and poly Pocket Bots - I bet you'll spot loads of gorgeous ones! Again boost with hemp (Easy Peasy cheap and good) and a microfibre one on top (I use cheap mf cleaning cloths from the supermarket folded in 3!).

TBH I would not recommend Fluffles at night at all, especially with wool you will get problems!

Look forward to chatting more!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers