hf1

Hello!!! Little help required!! LOL!

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Hello!!! Little help required!! LOL!

Postby EeeGee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:05 pm

clothmama wrote:TBH I would not recommend Fluffles at night at all, especially with wool you will get problems!

Hmmmm weird that! I have had that advice from 2 different people now!! I only actually bought them as they were reduced to clear, but haven't even pre-washed them yet so may sell them on :D Thanks!

Thanks for even more tips and welcomes, ladies!!

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Hi Emma, nice to meet you. Don't give up if you are keen on using cloth. You will get loads of advice on here and it is worth buying preloved on here and trying different nappies to see what works. I found that we needed to use different nappies at different stages with Liv so I have bought and sold my nappy stock several times. We started out loving Fuzzis but found they leaked as she got older. I have used Happy Heiny (solid colours) from the start with hemp inserts and found those brilliant. Initially I wasn't keen on fitted nappies but now found that they are consistently reliable with a good wrap and you can dry them on radiators too. At the moment we are using sandy's which are easy to pull and up and down as we are going through potty training. The only thing I didn't like about fluffles was that they were very bulky and smelt a bit whiffy when wet. They could be alright for day time though.
Jenny x
mum to Ethan (10), Stella (8) and Livia (23 months).

My avatar
bibble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby bibble » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi Emma & Penny!

I'm Vicky, I'm 28 and have 2 boys, Scott (2) and Blake (10 months). We're a bumgenius household and like everyone else, only use them with the mf insert plus an easypeasy hemp underneath. We also don't use poppered vests, Blake wears Scott's vests (age 2-3) with no problems.

At night we use babeco's bootylicious or bamboo beehinds with stacinator wool covers. The fit of the stacinator isn't perfect and I'm now itching for an excuse to get some pixieknit longies!

I love poly pocket bots for their prints, they are wonderfull.

Vicky

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby EeeGee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Just checking out the review sections...! Thank you so much ladies for all your comments... I'm feeling a lot better about my BGs now, knowing that a little extra boosting can do the trick!

Can anyone please link me to these EasyPeasy hemp boosters? Knowing me, I'm most likely to get the wrong ones!!

My avatar
bibble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby bibble » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:38 pm

I hope this link works... The hemp ones are £2 each.

https://sslrelay.com/www.easypeasynappi ... shopscript

Vicky

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby EeeGee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:03 pm

bibble wrote:https://sslrelay.com/www.easypeasynappies.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1547d4040448921/shopdata/index.shopscript

LOL! That just sent me to the shop page, BUT I knew which ones you meant from that I think!!! Thank you very much :D What are the others on that page then? I see Slimline and Standard which aren't quite so expensive!

And how many should I get? One for each nappy? Sorry... I'm being really stupid but I want to get it right this time!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:10 pm

I think the slimline and standard have less layers of fabric, and I think the fabric is cotton. The hemp boosters at £2 each (inc. the postage) are really good value. We have one hemp booster for each nappy, but I started out buying 4, and when they arrived (postage times were quite long at that stage) and we tried them I decided to buy more.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:23 pm

Welcome. I am a new comer and late converter to cloth but agree with everyone about the easy peasy hemp boosters being the way to they are fab, need to get more. I use them in all my pockets bumgenius, fuzzis and weenotions.

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby EeeGee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:50 pm

Have ordered hemp boosters for all my nappies :D Feeling so much more confident about using the BGs now :)

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Newcomers