Hello from the New Forest!!

My avatar
emilyjane
Clothie
Clothie

Hello from the New Forest!!

Postby emilyjane » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:01 am

Hi there. :idea:

I have just stumbled upno this site whilst looking for a second hand Mei Tai to buy! I love what I have seen so far!

I wish I had found this site when I was pregnant. I could have done with some sensible advice! Ho hum. Better late than never.

I am 38 years old and am married to Matthew. We have 4 children, J who is 10 years, T is 7, H is 6 and E who is 16 months. We like on the south coast near the New Forest, on a dairy and arable farm, where my husband works with his Dad and Step Mum. We live in the main farmhouse which is lovely! It has been dated back to 1548! We are so lucky to have the lifestyle we have, although, it can be tough at times, what with working hours for Matthew and the tie with the animals. I have a horse, which we drive with a cart which is big enough for us all to fit in! We plod off around the village a couple of times a week. It is lovely and peaceful. I also have 3 doge, 4 cats and various chickens, ducks and geese! I also have a large veg plot, where I try to grow a wide selection of veg so we know exactly what we are eating. Providing the slugs/ducks/hens etc don't get to them first!!

I hope to be able to gain advice from this site and you never know, I may even be able to offer some too from time to time!

Big hugs,

Sarah. Breastfeeding, cloth using, babywearing, veg growing Mum of 4! xx :wink:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Hello from the New Forest!!

Postby monsterm » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:03 am

Welcome Sarah :cnthug: Sounds like you have a fab life. We are working towards something similar. Could do with some veg growing advice so stick around.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:04 am

that sounds lovely :wine: :idea: :cnthug: welcome to the tree

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:55 am

Hi and welcome to the tree :idea: :idea:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:31 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:35 pm

:idea: i live in the new forest too. i've got a veg plot but its not doing much at moment hope it will get better soon :wine:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 pm

:idea: welcome, fordingbridge here, my husband is a farmer also , the hours are long! especially in the summer :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:52 pm

:idea: Hi and welcome.
You home sounds fab, I love the idea of going round the village in a horse and cart - bliss

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Hello! Isle of Wight here - have just planted our first herb garden, but not managed to grow any veg yet - will certainly be after advice! welcome to the tree - this is the nicest forum I've ever been part of :-)

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers