Hi I'm Kerry from Welingborough!

My avatar
Preciouskezz
Clothie
Clothie

Hi I'm Kerry from Welingborough!

Postby Preciouskezz » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:57 am

Hello everyone!
I am really pleased to have finally found Cloth Nappy Tree. I have a daughter who is 5 years and a son who has just turned 1.
Both of my children have had cloth bums and I love them! Jovi is still in his and I have just started to discover the woder range of joys to coth nappies other than terry squares and plastic pants!
I have noticed how much more choice and information there is now and I am so pleased!
My main aim at the moment is to experiment with home made wipes and inserts. I have created some fleece liners and I am so happy with them! SO much better than the paper throw away ones!
I also created a nice water, tea tree and lavender spray I can use to spray his bum with so I can finally ditch the expensive wetwipes!

I am also looking to make some bamboo or hemp inserts or buy these so I can also ditch my night time disposie!

If there ar any like-minded mums about who would like to meet for a coffee and chat I would love this! And I would appreciate any advice and tips on where to purchase materials etc!

One last thing: How do I get the lovely counters you ladies have at the bottom of your posts?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Hi I'm Kerry from Welingborough!

Postby ladybird » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Hi, I'm just up the road in Kettering. Nice to see someone local using cloth!!

My avatar
Preciouskezz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Preciouskezz » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi there.
It's lovely to have some contact with the outside world from home, lol.

I am 30 years old! OMG, where did that come from?
Have you been a cloth user for very long? What sort have you tried?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi Kerry, there are loads of people on here who will be able to advise you on materials. Welcome to the tree :idea:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:05 pm

Preciouskezz wrote:Hi there.
It's lovely to have some contact with the outside world from home, lol.

I am 30 years old! OMG, where did that come from?
Have you been a cloth user for very long? What sort have you tried?

I've used cloth on and off for 9yrs! I started with my eldest, in shaped terry's and plastic pant covers, needless to say we didn't last that long. Been through lots, including Motherease/Onelife, was a Lollipop advisor for a while so used lots of theirs and then a ton of WAHM from UK and US, Canada, Australia. My middle son has only just stopped needing nappies at night in the last month or so so we've been using for a fair few years. My favourites for the past few years have always been bamboo velour fitteds with wool covers. My kids like wool so much that they still wear it now.

My avatar
Preciouskezz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Preciouskezz » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:09 pm

Ah, now the wool is new to me. I have only seen longies and shorties since looking in on here!
I am so ashamed of my limited knowledge!
I used shaped terry's and terry squares with Kara, and tried so many different wraps but kept going back to plastic pants! Hated them!
I still have some terry squares and shaped ones but have recently discovered nature babies wraps which are so far so good!
I also bought a load of pocket nappies from Ebay - 24 of the coolababy ones, which come in lots of colours and are lovely!

Jovi is my last baby so want to really enjoy his cloth bum for as long as possible and looking into making this a business with all the right research and advice!

Might even take up knitting! lol

So how do these wool shorties and longies work?
x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:19 pm

Wool is breathable so some of the moisture can evaporate through it. It also has antibacterial properties. It's natural, so no nasty plastics, etc against the skin. And it can absorb moisture to a point too. It's really easy to use, can double as clothes too (as you've seen) and looks pretty good :lol:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi, i'm just down the road in earls barton!
Christi

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi & welcome :idea:

I'm Siobhan and am not a million miles away in Leicester but I do visit the white lodge farm in Desborough quite often as my friend lives in desborough :wink:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers