Hello everyone!

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Hello everyone!

Postby usinukveg » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:25 am

Hi new friends,

I've been reading quite a lot of posts and I decided it was time for me to introduce myself. I'm originally a north american mutt (usa and canada) who has lived in France for a while and decided to try out the UK (my husband got a job here, so we're in London currently).

First baby is due in mid-January! So I'm trying to get informed before 'le jour j'. I guess I have two main questions:

Is there a list of the acronyms that you use and their translations on a thread somewhere? Would be most helpful for me :)

We received a sleeping bag as a gift (the sort that looks like an apron or a pinafore), but I was wondering if with fleece or wool soakers the sleeping bag would get damp during the night? I could always make a quick bag liner out of an old sheet or old clothes, but if the sleeping bag is going to end up regularly wet despite efforts to the contrary...

Thanks so much!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Shaunie » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:32 am

Hi :idea: & welcome to the tree :cnthug:

I'm not sure if there's a list of acronyms but I bet there is somewhere! I just learnt as I went along and there's still stuff I'm not sure of now!

Re the wool / fleece - it's fine for use in a sleeping bag. My youngest uses a sleeping bag & wears a fitted with a wool cover (used to use fleece). The lanolin on the wool acts as a waterproof barrier & some moisture also evaporates because it's breathable. HTH but there are lots of other sections on here full of knowledge :wink:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:53 am

:idea: welcome to the tree and congrats with your first :pregnant: My DS was born mid-January too :wink:

As for help with abbreviations and terms check out the threads here: viewforum.php?f=21 :D You'll be used to it in no time at all - honest :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:06 am

:idea: :idea: welcome to CNT! Sounds like you are a bit of a mover arounder too - we are Aussie / UK / French family we were in France and are now in Australia (but hope to return to France :giggle: ).

Congratulations on your :pregnant: , look forward to chatting.

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the help!

Clothmama, we are mover arounders but wouldn't have had it any other way. I hear what you're saying about France, although it's certainly nice to be in a place where they speak my mother tongue (in a very different way to me...but that's another story :wink: )

Emma,thanks for the link. Haven't ploughed through the posts but will once I get home from work.

Shaunie, thanks for answering the question about soakers. It's always good to be armed with information when embracing the unknown!

Looking forward to getting to know you better. :idea:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:44 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple