Hello, Newbie from Stockport

My avatar
Mrs_Teapot
Clothie
Clothie

Hello, Newbie from Stockport

Postby Mrs_Teapot » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:41 am

Hi there
I am Rosie, 27 from Stockport, I have 3 kiddies under 5 and switched to cloth about a month ago.
I let my good friend do it first, she has 4 kids and I thought if she can manage, anyone can, lol.
So I have my 22mth old in cloth when he feels like it, and my 12 mth old in cloth all the time. My 4.5yr DD is gutted that she is a big gurl, she wishes I had used cloth for her :| , lol.

Really really love the change, also went to my first nappy meet on Thursday just gone and met Velvetsteph.
I also already have a good stash going for a newbie!
My funky nappy in tiger print arrived today, my cow print wee notions the other day, the pocket bot I ordered was dispatched on the same day as the funky, and as my postie is officially rubbish, it may turn up before next year.

Anyway that is me.... Hiya *waves*

Rosie
X

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Hello, Newbie from Stockport

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:45 am

Helloooooooo!
Was nice to natter (and show off my fluffy itti bitti and iish fly AI2s to an appreciative audience!!) :lol:

Bless your 4.5yo :lol:

And yes - grrr to silly DH's :roll:

Shame about annoying posties - they just don't understand our need for fluffy post! :hohoho:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:55 am

Hi there **waves back**

I am mum to Evie who has just potty trained (not at night yet though!) and Evie turned 2 last September and Emma my big girl who will be 8 this July. Look forward to getting to know you. Hope you like it here :D

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:59 am

hello!

I am in stockport too (actually I grew up in Marple :wink: ).

A formal welcome to the forum from me too!

jan x

My avatar
Mrs_Teapot
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mrs_Teapot » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Well you never told me that Jan! I could have saved a couple of quid on postage on those fuzzi's :lol: :wink:
ARGH Jan knows where I live!!!!! lol.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO I like it here, Stockport seems very clothy!

:P

Thanks for the official welcome I will no longer lurk, I will be a good girly and post away!
(like I need yet another forum to post on!)

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:35 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho:

I very nearly hand delivered then when I noticed your address :D thought that might have been a bit stalkerish though :hohoho: :hohoho:

we know for next time though hey :wink:

Stockport is getting more clothy lately. however when I started to use cloth 2 and a half years ago for ds1 it was practically unheard of, everyone thought I was a crazy lady :roll: (they still do but for other reasons :hohoho: )

jan x

My avatar
freya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby freya » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi there
I'm another recent convert to cloth and I also live in Stockport........
My daughter is just coming up to 4 months now and she's been in cloth for the last 2.

I've been to a couple of the Stockport meets and the lovely ladies there helped me work out where to start in the world of cloth. They also pointed me in the direction of this forum, although I admit to still being a bit of a lurker! :oops:
Sorry I missed you on Thursday, I had wanted to be there, but I was doubled booked with my local early days parenting group and I wasn't there last week!!

I think Cloth is becoming more popular, but I am still the only one from all the new mums I've met that is using cloth and they all either look at me as if I am a little odd or congratulate me for my ecological commitment!! what's that about?? :shock:

Anyway, hope to see you at another meet soon

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Image Rosie and Image. I'm Louise, and also have 3 children under 5 - Amy 4.5, Ryan 2 and Katie 8 months. Look forward to chatting more,

Louise x

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Hiya Rosie and welcome to the tree.

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers