My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Hello all!

Postby elliebelly » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Hello all,

Im Alexandra and new to the forum,

I have been using cloth nappies for 8 weeks since my daughter was 2 weeks old.

I cant see why everyone doesnt use them as they are so easy.

Any how....

I have a couple of questions or you all!

I am currently using One life nappies and Wraps as i was so very kindly given them by a friend for nothing, however, my daughter seems to be a heavy wetter so they dont seem that absorbant although excellent at containg BF poos!. I am awaiting a pack of 15 Tots Bots Bamboozles as we had one given to us and were very impressed!

Ellie seems to get constant mild nappy rash, redness and tiny bumps on the skin but nothing sore looking. for this i am changing her regulary, having nappy off time regularly, drying her off well at nappy change and using sudocrem and lately some lansinoh as i was told it was very effective, time will tell....Any advice??

Anyway, i heard about fleece liners and bought some fleece, cut into rectangles and am trying them out...

But im finding she is still very wet so I am very confuzzled....

This is the fleece i bought...is this the right type? I poured some water on it and it just seems to sit there, only everywhere else is saying its the right type fleece.....
[url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280474181845&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
[/url]
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

HELP!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Hello all!

Postby Shaunie » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Hello & welcome to the tree :wave:

I use fleece but have no idea which type, just bought a cheap blanket to cut up. Hope someone can shed some light re the polar fleece that you bought as fluid should pass straight through it :-?

Yes, cloth nappying can be easy once you get the hang of things but I do have days when I'm :x at DS out-peeing his nappies or the full nappy buckets :roll: :giggle:

Have fun!

My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elliebelly » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:47 pm

thanks Shaunie,

I was confused over the water just sitting on the fleece too....:roll:

TBH im really happy using cloth nappies, we had 22 nappies, 5 wraps 13 bamboo liners and a tots bots bamboozle given for free!

Every other day a wash goes on when i have about 8 nappies left and by time ive used up the last 8 the rest are dry! Saves on whites washing too...i just bung my bras, tops, pillow cases etc in with them too! lol!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:32 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave:

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Hiya :wave: , I haven't been using cloth for that long either but find it easy too and so much better than having a bin full of dirty nappies! Watch about using sudocreme as I thought it could affect the absorbancy of the nappies. I found that I didn't really need to use sudocreme once I'd switched to cloth except when I used a disposable at night, although I'm moving to cloth at night now too.

As for the fleece has it had a good wash? If not there may still be some of the manufacturing chemicals in the fleece which are affecting the ability of the moisture to move through it.

My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elliebelly » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:33 pm

MumOf1 wrote:Hiya :wave: , I haven't been using cloth for that long either but find it easy too and so much better than having a bin full of dirty nappies! Watch about using sudocreme as I thought it could affect the absorbancy of the nappies. I found that I didn't really need to use sudocreme once I'd switched to cloth except when I used a disposable at night, although I'm moving to cloth at night now too..

I hate the thought of all those disposables sat there for years on end..its horrid! eurgh! Dont get me wrong we have used some, but they have been eco ones and only as and when REALLY needed...(Asda's Go Eco Baby are Excellant for containment and absorption!)

The Sudocrem has only been used for first nappy change of the day and last nappy change at night and if it looks a little worse during the day, i've not found any transfer on the nappy and they still come out without a feeling of waxy residue on them...

MumOf1 wrote:As for the fleece has it had a good wash? If not there may still be some of the manufacturing chemicals in the fleece which are affecting the ability of the moisture to move through it.

Yes its had a good vigourous hand wash and rinse and spin in the washing machine, as you never know where the fabric had been stored! it could have been in a warehouse with rats running round for all I know, so there shouldnt be any coating left on it.....

I have changed her nappy about an hour ago and having tried a fleece liner in the previous nappy, her rash has flared up big time so i think i may give them a miss for a while..... :( :( :( :(

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:41 pm

elliebelly wrote:I have changed her nappy about an hour ago and having tried a fleece liner in the previous nappy, her rash has flared up big time so i think i may give them a miss for a while.....

I have a few friends who's babies have been allergic to the fleece in some nappies so maybe this is what's causing it. Hope it clears up soon for her!

My avatar
Lilybet
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lilybet » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:02 am

I can't advise really, we didn't have problems with fleece, I just wanted to welcome you :)

My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elliebelly » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 pm

thanks all!

her rash has subsided a little! i ordered a tots bots fluffle and that has a fleece inner and the fleece is completely different so that may be the problem!!! :giggle:

ah well, i shall learn as i go along!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers