Hello, new and confused

My avatar
shellbean
Clothie
Clothie

Hello, new and confused

Postby shellbean » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Hello

I'm Shellbean and I found the forum through Ravelry whilst trying to work out which nappies I wanted to buy. Our first little one is due on the 10th March but I am trying to get what we need now so the cost is spread out. I'm still confused about which nappies to get but think I am getting there.

Shell xx

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Hello, new and confused

Postby scarlet » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Well what time of thing would you like?
Would you like an all in one ( AIO) everything is there no wrap required?
Actually seeing as you came through raverly you must be a wool fan, so fitteds would be nice for you then you can use wool wraps over the top!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:39 pm

:wave: :wave:

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:43 pm

hi and welcome :)
Firstly i would say don't buy a load of the same nappies. You will need to find the ones that work best for you and your LO and a lot of people find their needs change. Get a few different sorts from the classifieds and then you can try them and sell on.
i found wool best for night. everything else leaks being on for that length of time. and if you knit then you make lots of your own scrummy covers/longies :)

My avatar
shellbean
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shellbean » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm probably looking at some pockets, some all in ones (one sized) and then fitteds with wraps.

For the majority of them I found this deal - http://www.teamlollipop.co.uk/shop/half ... 225-0.html and then I want to get some Bamboo nappies as well to use with other wraps and wool soakers.

I have been told not to touch the lollipop ones as the quality isn't good but all the reviews look ok and at that price I'm not sure I can turn the deal down.

I wanted to get some pre-loved ones but unfortunately my other half is not very willing on this, bit of an OCD issue to be honest and I think it's one of those pick your fights situations lol

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 pm

:wave:

My avatar
shyler76
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shyler76 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:57 pm

:wave: I found Cheeks and Cherries brilliant, they do some reasonably priced trial bundles

http://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acat ... ndles.html

Should let you try some different brands to see what you like best.

Hope you find some things that work for you :babyroll:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:00 pm

shellbean wrote:I'm probably looking at some pockets, some all in ones (one sized) and then fitteds with wraps.

For the majority of them I found this deal - http://www.teamlollipop.co.uk/shop/half ... 225-0.html and then I want to get some Bamboo nappies as well to use with other wraps and wool soakers.

I have been told not to touch the lollipop ones as the quality isn't good but all the reviews look ok and at that price I'm not sure I can turn the deal down.

I wanted to get some pre-loved ones but unfortunately my other half is not very willing on this, bit of an OCD issue to be honest and I think it's one of those pick your fights situations lol

The problem with those lollypop nappies I think, is that they are microfibre which has a tendancy to wick and you may struggle with leaks if your LO is a heavy wetter.
Have you looked at Little Lambs? they have a 20 kit and you can get 10 of each size, and they are made from bamboo. they also come with the wraps, some liners, boosters, paper liners and even a nappy bucket and are £180 for the kit

My avatar
shellbean
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shellbean » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:07 pm

red_dwarf wrote:
shellbean wrote:I'm probably looking at some pockets, some all in ones (one sized) and then fitteds with wraps.

The problem with those lollypop nappies I think, is that they are microfibre which has a tendancy to wick and you may struggle with leaks if your LO is a heavy wetter.
Have you looked at Little Lambs? they have a 20 kit and you can get 10 of each size, and they are made from bamboo. they also come with the wraps, some liners, boosters, paper liners and even a nappy bucket and are £180 for the kit

That is a pretty good deal, the issues I'd been warned about where that the stitching wasn't as good and they went a bit threadbare. My thinking was that with the lollipop set I could then afford to get Bamboo on top as well.

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers