:wave: Welcome to the Tree

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: First time mum

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 pm

welcome to the tree!! :cnthug:

Im Tory, mummy to Megan who is 4 years old, Kieren who is 20 months old and am almost 35 weeks pregnant with another baby girl :)

My avatar
[patchwork]
Clothie
Clothie

Postby [patchwork] » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Tory, thankyou for welcoming to the forum already. I may be seeking you out for more advice soon :D

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:30 pm

:wave: :wave: and welcome hunnie! x

My avatar
[patchwork]
Clothie
Clothie

Postby [patchwork] » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Thankyou :D

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:47 pm

:wave: welcome to the tree

My avatar
Genasai
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Genasai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi there,

I'm also a first time mum, our little girl is almost 8 weeks and I'll be 24 in February. We're quite similar in a lot of things you said, but unlike you I had a lot of sickness (4 months at te begining and the last month) so it seems I might have gotten your share too!

I decided to use the junior joy terry flats (it takes a long time for things to dry where I live so flats seemed the best option), but I am now moving on to fitted as they (strangely enough) fit better, and are also a lot slimmer, easier to put on/take off and easier to store "on the go".

I also tried breastfeeding, though there were some complications with our daughter in the first week were we were forced to feed her express milk via a bottle, which then led to her being lazy and getting angry at the breast as the milk doesn't flow as fast, so she is currently on a mix of EBM (expressed breast milk) and formula, but it seems the more time goes on the less I can express. :(

We were also lucky like you to get a lot of second hand things from friends and family, our old neighbor having twins, her sister having one and my uncle having a little girl who have all just turned a year last autumn/winter. We have hardly had to pay out for anything and what we did mostly furniture from second hand stores!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:06 pm

welcome to the tree hun. Congrats on the blue bump! :wine:

My avatar
[patchwork]
Clothie
Clothie

Postby [patchwork] » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Thankyou Aimeet.
Genasia thankyou and sorry for having my share of sickness :S
Congratulations on your little girl, how are you finding being a mum?
I've realised since talking to people recently i'm not scared of the labour (yet) as it's something I feel I have little control over, but i'm getting increasingly worried about parenting.
We had some good news today, we've gotten the flat we applied for, it's only a one bed but it's bigger than what we have now and it's slightly cheaper. We move 1st february, I cant wait! X

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Newcomers