hf1

Hi, I am new here

My avatar
Elaine
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Hi, I am new here

Postby Elaine » Sat May 24, 2008 11:34 am

Hi there, I am from South Africa. I am now pregnant with my 3rd little girl. I decided before I fell pregnant that I will like to use cloth nappies and make them myself. The only problem we have here is that we dont have the wide variety of materials, because most people are still using disposables here. Like PUL you cant get here in SA. I am still very new in this and I am going to ask alot of advise here. I have made one newborn nappy, just to practice, now I first have to finish other work, then I will practice some more.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Hi, I am new here

Postby clothmama » Sat May 24, 2008 11:52 am

Hi Elaine and welcome to you! We have a couple of other South African clothies on here who make thier own nappies so sure they will be able to help you out a lot!

Look forward to chatting with you. Will also move this to the welcome newcomers section so you don't get missed by everyone!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat May 24, 2008 11:53 am

Hi Elaine

'Welcome to the site look forward to getting to know you :D I'm Beck mum to 3 little ones :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat May 24, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Elaine and welcome! I'm Louise mum to Amy (4), Ryan (2) and Katie (9 months). Looking forward to chatting to you :D

Louise x

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Sat May 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Hiya Elaine,

Welcome to the tree :lol:

I'm Marijke, mummy to Joshua (3.5) and Anna who turned 1 last week. I only started using cloth on Anna when she was 8 months and am a TOTAL convert :lol:

Oh, and we've just come back from our holiday where we spent 3 days in SA (Pilanesberg) and enjoyed it a lot!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat May 24, 2008 3:17 pm

Hiya and welcome to CNT!

I'm Ali, mum of 2 - but sadly none in napppies anymore :(

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sat May 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Hiya and welcome. I am Nic, mum to two girls. Emma is almost 8 and Evie is 2.5. Potty trained by day but still in night nappies for now, Yay!! :D
Last edited by nic1 on Mon May 26, 2008 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat May 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Hey Welcome to CNT Elaine.
I'm Rae, mum of 1.5 yo Kayleigh. Look forward to chatting.

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby joodel » Sat May 24, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi Elaine and welcome to CNT!
I am another S African cloth addict, who has made her own nappies, so feel free to ask away! Where abouts are you? I'm in Cape Town...have a 3year old son who is still in night nappies and a 14month old daughter in cloth too.
Always good to hear there are other cloth addicts in SA!!!
Judy

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers