Cloth Nappy Beginner

My avatar
Anig
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Cloth Nappy Beginner

Postby Anig » Fri May 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Hello,

My name is Gina and I live in Staffordshire UK. My little boy is 6 months old a week tomorrow and he already weighed 18lbs 7 oz, and was 68.5cm long, 3 weeks ago. He is exclusively breastfed, and thriving on it. :)

It seems to have taken me this long to finally come up out of my new mother daze :shock: and start to become me again. I had loads of Tots Bots first size bamboozles ready to go as soon as Lucas was born, but I have a sneaky suspicion he has already outgrown them. :cry: Luckily, I bought them all preloved at a fraction of the usual price and they are currently in the loft awaiting baby number 2! :D

Now, I have turned my attention to AIOs as I would like my husband to still do some nappy duty and need to ease him in gently. I have been trialing one lonely BG V3, and even my husband seems impressed. I've yet to catch a yellow rear explosion in it, but I'm sure I will at some stage. I also haven't used it overnight (Lucas doesn't really go a full night yet without a nappy change, though) but I have washed and dried it multiple times - even running it through the dryer to test it ready for an 'almost out of clean nappies' emergency. It has passed all of my tests so far, including the 'will Lucas's clothes still fit him' test - very important, as Lucas is at the top end of 6 - 9 months, currently.

My nest trial will probably be an Itti Bitti D'Lish when Lucas gets a bit bigger and reached the minimum weight requirement for the large size. I am working on my husband releasing his wallet long enough for me to buy some more BGs, though... although I can see this site will be *very* dangerous. :wink: I have lots of questions regarding trimness, night nappies, absorbancy, wicking, etc. so I'm sure I'll post again soon.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Cloth Nappy Beginner

Postby kt24 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Hello Gina,

Welcome to the lovely world of cloth addiction. I'm Katie mum to 2 boys Lachlan is 2 1/2 and potty training :cry: and Zac is 1 and a full time cloth bottom.

We use and love lots of different types of nappy and I could never choose just one type to use. I'm glad you are getting on with the BG. There are lots more lovelys for you to try!

Anyway, ask away with the questions and yes this site is very dangerous - be warned.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Gina and welcome! I'm Louise, mum to Amy (4), Ryan (2) and Katie 9 months. Looking forward to chatting to you. This board is definitely very bad for your bank balance! :wink: :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri May 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi Gina and welcome to the board. I am Annette, mum to Charlotte who is unfortunately potty trained now and little Ben who has been in cloth since the day he was born.

It is definately never too late to convert to cloth so keep working on your dh :D

My avatar
Liss07
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Liss07 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:24 pm

Hello Gina! Welcome :D

I'm Lisa, and I use cloth on my 14month old - he too grew very fast just on Mummy's milk alone :lol: and was in mediums before I knew it! Scary isn't it!

There's plenty to tempt you with ;) Have you checked out Weenotions.co.uk ? mwhahahah :P

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri May 30, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi, I am also Annette, mum to Benjamin who has been in cloth also since birth.

This board is addictive, but we also have lots of experience and good advice when it comes to all things cloth nappies - welcome!

You might want to try a Happy Heiny Onesize as being very similar to the bumgenius, or even a large size as Ben can fit into this as well or a medium fuzzi bunz!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri May 30, 2008 9:31 pm

Welcome Gina,
I'm Rae, and have 1½ yo Kayleigh in cloth. Have fun buying a few different types to try and have in your collection. You can always buy from the classifieds in order to minimise bank balance damage. Look forward to chatting.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sat May 31, 2008 1:25 am

Hi Gina

Welcome to the site! I'm Beck mum to Hannah 4.5yo Phebie 22months and William 5months. This site is a very bad influence :lol: Look forward to chatting more soon :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat May 31, 2008 5:03 am

HI Gina, big welcome to you! Hope you enjoy it here and jump right in with questions / posts, we are a friendly lot!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers