hf1

Newbie mum wanting to start using cloth nappies

My avatar
roxie_snooks
Clothie
Clothie

Postby roxie_snooks » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Hello, i'm Roxanne, first time mum to 12 week old Isabella, we are successfully breastfeeding and generally enjoying being a little family or 3. I am currently using disposable nappies but really want to start using cloth and was hoping i could get some help from you lovely inspirational people. I want to help the environment, stop landfill build up and also save us some money in the long run. Any advice on where to start and where to purchase the items we need would be very helpful. Thank you in advance Roxanne and Isabella xxxxx

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi roxie_snooks. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Newbie mum wanting to start using cloth nappies

Postby Shaunie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi & welcome.

You may be better off asking your questions in the general chat section as more people will see it there. Do you know which type of nappy you're looking at such as pockets (where do don't need a wrap) or 2 parters (fitted & a wrap or wool cover)?

Feel free to ask away. :D

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:30 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:34 pm

:wave: welcome to cnt

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:36 pm

welcome to the tree! ask anything you like on the board, the ladies are more than help full :D

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Hello there :wave:

You've certainly come to the right place for advice on cloth nappies :D
Wish I'd known about this place when I first set out, there's nothing you aren't able to find out or ask re cloth nappies on here! :widesmile:

roxie_snooks wrote:Any advice on where to start and where to purchase the items we need would be very helpful.

My one piece of advice for anyone starting out would be to buy a couple of different brands and types of nappies and try them out on your lil lady. Not every nappy will suit every baby and what some mums find works fantasically on their LOs, others may find leaky & unreliable :-?
The classifieds is a good place to start :D
You've got the "Fitteds & Prefolds", which are cloth nappy part of the two part system (nappy plus (waterproof) wrap - wraps you'll find in the "Wraps, Inserts & Accessories") and the "Pocket & All-In-One" which are cloth nappies that have the wrap/waterproof bit built in.
I bought 8 different nappies in the end (before even discovering this site! :giggle: ) of which 2 worked really well, 4 were ok and 2 leaked everytime I used them :-?
Once I'd decided which ones worked best with Erin (& which ones I liked best :wink: ) I then went ahead and bought a nappy set (20 nappies plus wraps and liners). And we've not looked back since :D

Dooby x

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:45 pm

:wave: :wave:

Return to Welcome Newcomers