hf1

Hi , new addict

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Hi , new addict

Postby charliesam » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi - from a new addict! I have 3 boys, 9, 6 and 12 weeks, my older boys used disposables- i didn,t know any better, but sam has been in cloth nappies since 3 weeks and now I am completely addictted! We started with some bambino mios which were fine for us but a bit fiddly, then on the advice of nappy lady tried fluffles and a cotton tot bot- again worked well but he seemed to soak them quite quikly, then we tried flexitots, which are brilliant and I am mainly using, but not very cute! So have also bought 2 blueberry pockets (my favorite), 2 slinki minki's-make his bum look huge but good at night, 1 bumhugger and 2 ella house hemp mappies - only used once so far but seem good and v cute, an all in one rumpster- complete disaster me and him soaked to skin in 1 hour and I am waiting for 2 itti bitti d'lish and a night notions and I an NOT going to buy anymore!!!!
When I am not buying nappies I work as a GP (currently on maternity leave) and live in scotland. The only problem we are having (except spending too much money!) is that sam is bf and only does a poo once a week- great but when he goes, he goes!!! and no nappy so far has been able to contain it! we also use fleece liners and rikki wraps or the mio wraps when needed- any ideas? Although he seems to wee alot no leaks in any of the above except rumpsters and fluffles.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Hi , new addict

Postby kt24 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:39 pm

Hello!

Welcome. If you seriously are planning on not buying anymore nappies then this probably isn't the best place for you! There are some very bad influences.

I'm Katie mum to Lachlan who is 2 and a half and currently potty training. :cry: and Zac who is 1.

Post any questions you have in the relevant section and we'll do out best to help you!

Look forward to chatting with you.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:36 pm

HAHA it's a slippery slippery slope, you will be buying more nappies, hehe!

Hi, I'm Hanna, mummy to Jak 20 months, and a little girl due in 5 weeks!!

Hope to chat to you lots soon!!

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:21 am

Hello! And Welcome to the board!

Rikkis are usually said to be one of the most reliable wraps :shock: but maybe it's worth trying a popper fastening one? I never found I could fasten my Rikkis as tightly as I wanted to around the legs without stopping her breathing. I found poppers more adjustable. Def look for one with leg gussets though. Motherease have their airflow ones or I used nature babies multi wraps which were my favourites. Maybe put a post in the cloth nappy section though for more suggestions.

Look forward to chatting more.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:54 am

Hello and welcome to the tree.
I'm Rae, and have 1½ year old Kayleigh in cloth. I'm sure you will end up wanting to buy and try more things, and even selling some of your current stash for something different. There is a lot of advice on the board, and the reviews section is always a good place to look if you are thinking of a different nappy. Look forward to chatting nappies and anything else that crosses your mind.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:02 am

Hi and big welcome to the site :D

I'm Beck mum to Hannah 4.5yrs Phebie 22months and William 5months. Look forward to getting to know you more and chatting about all things cloth :D :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:55 am

Hi and welcome to the board, I am Annette, mum to Charlotte who is unfortunately only in night nappies now and 4 week old Ben. The wrap that we have found that gives the best fit around the legs is a Little Lamb, the way the gussets are shaped gives a really close fit but I can only imagine the explosion once a week :shock:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:14 am

Hellooooo and welcome. I am Nicola, mum to Evie who is day potty trained but still in night nappies and my eldest is Emma who is almost 8yrs. :shock: :shock: Where did that go to......

.....look forward to chatting more with you and i am sure your collection will be even more varied after spending time browsing the boards here!! :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Hello and welcome - congrats on discovering the joys of cloth. I used sposies for my 2 older boys aswell, didnt know any better back then :lol: but have used cloth on my 20 month old since she was born and havent looked back.

TBH if your wee man is only doing a #2 once a week, and he is bf, I cant imagine anything could contain it - but, a wrap with gussets could help. Ive found Tots Bots and Nature Babies have been the most reliable for us, but many people swear by the Motherease Rikki wraps.

Look forward to chatting - but beware, you will buy more nappies - you seem to be on the slippery slope with the stash you have already :lol:

Sadie xx

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers