New Mummy to be Hello

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: New Mummy to be Hello

Postby rachymoo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Welcome! :wave:

I didn't 'discover' cloth until my daughter was a bit older but have been using it for nearly a year now. I am now building a stash for my second baby, due in just over 2 weeks. It really does become a bit of an addiction (in fact I'm thinking of asking to be banned from classifieds for a while :oops: )

Have fun building your stash, if you have any questions at all just ask, everyone here is lovely.

Rach xx

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm

:wave:

What's in your stash so far?

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Stash so far is;

4 Weehuggers wraps
1 Flip wrap (trial pack)
1 Bummis (with prefolds)
3 Bright coloured pocket nappies
4 Print PUL pocket nappies
2 diddy diapers
Little lamb 'try them all' pack

Have 12 prefolds and some terries and have ordered some muslims to use as nappies for new baby.
Going to get some more Flips and probably a few AIO or more pockets.
Also thinking about getting some more terrys as I really like the brightly coloured ones. Don't know if I am having a boy or a girl so will probably get some more once I know.

Going to have to have another baby just to make it all worth while lol

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:48 pm

You can always get some plain terrys and dye them yourself

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:07 am

Ooh good ones so far. I love Little Lambs. I've also got a few Diddy Diapers for this baby. What pockets do you have? I have some of the 'birth to potty' ones but they are usually a bit too bulky for a newborn at first.

Rach xx

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:26 am

I'm a soon to be mummy too and by the sounds of things are babies are due very close to each other as I'm 30 weeks today! Sadly I'm not in the Herts area as am up North but my parents live in Beds and I plan on visiting quite a bit after baby arrives.

Just a thought but did your midwife give you the Health in Pregnancy form? You just qualified for it by one day! My midwife was a star and estimated my date a teenie bit earlier so that I qualified too and that £190 is what is buying my nappy stash!

So far I've bought;
A tots bots bamboozle stretchie size 1
24 lollipop terry nappies, with liners and 5 motherease rikki wraps (from a friend of the family)

The following from classifieds on here
a new itti,
a velcro swaddlebee
2 teenyfits
3 bambinex teddies
a variety of small wraps
(and also Breast feeding butterfly)

I also plan on maybe getting the following nappies and stash (either new or second hand) if funds stretch:
BumGenius One-Size 4.0 with aplix fastening
Flip Nappy Trial Pack
Tots Bots Stretchies in size 2
Tots bots disposable Liners
Mesh Bags- 2 Pack
Tots Bots Wet Nappy Bag
Cheeky Monkey Mini-Kits
Nappi Nippas- 3 Pack
Vest extenders
Nappy buckets

I'm hoping that that should see me through for a wee while!

Hope you're enjoying pregnancy and looking forward to mummyhood- I know that I am!

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 am

:wave: welcome

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm

weebee wrote:I'

Just a thought but did your midwife give you the Health in Pregnancy form? You just qualified for it by one day! My midwife was a star and estimated my date a teenie bit earlier so that I qualified too and that £190 is what is buying my nappy stash!

I didn't qualify for it. Was about 4 days to late.

I am loving being PG. Don't even notice it half the time as it feels so natural.

I got the Flip trial pack and I am going to get the pack that has 5 wraps and a mixture of liners because I like them so much. Also love the weehuggers....they are so cute.
Have been looking at the FillYourPants site today and they have some new stock :D I am a sucker for the lovely prints.

I have some of the cheap pockets off ebay. Don't know if they are any good but at least I can use them as back ups or round the house. I could write a little review when the baby arrives and I actually get to use them lol.

I am so tempted to buy some more but I am gonna wait till after the weekend because we are going to the London Baby show on Sunday.....might get some bargains :lol:

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:07 pm

If you reached 30/40 weeks before me than I guarantee that you do qualify for it as it's for ladies with a due date of 21st April or before. A lot of midwives are under the wrong impression that you had to have a due date of 15th April but that doesn't take into account that the first week of pregnancy is days 0 to 6 (which don't actually exist) so the 25th week of pregnancy is days 24+1 for the baby. They put me down for a due date of 20th April on the form and the money is now in my account. If your due date is 21st or before I recommend speaking to your midwife and contacting the HiP grant department. If your due date is after that then I'm sorry for raising your hopes!!

Have fun at the baby show!

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Newcomers