Cloth Newbie!

My avatar
Aaisrie
Clothie
Clothie

Cloth Newbie!

Postby Aaisrie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi,

I'm Eve and I'm 29 from Northern Ireland. I have a gorgeous daughter who is 23mo and I'm due with #2 in July. I really want to cloth so I've been doing a lot of research and asking a very good friend who pointed me over here! I'm not sure whether to practice clothing with my daughter before diving in with #2 newborn clothing!!!!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Cloth Newbie!

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi Eve and welcome to the tree :wave: Im from Northern Ireland too - there are a few of us on here :)

Jump right into the board and fire away with any questions you might have :)

Sadie xx

My avatar
Aaisrie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Aaisrie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi Sadie, thanks!! I spent nearly all day yesterday reading about cloth so I think I'm getting the hang of all the abbreviations!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:28 pm

:lol: yes there are lots to get used to - you will be fluent in cloth nappy chat in no time :wink:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:38 pm

hi just ask away if there anything you need. have a look at the classified as well

My avatar
Aaisrie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Aaisrie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Thanks girls!!

I've been going through the classifieds to see if I can find anything to try on my daughter to give myself a bit of a practice before Noodle comes around!!! I'm getting a little confused by the sizing of most of them... She normally wears a sposie 4+ [and I can put the velcro tabs right into the middle] which say they do 20 - 44lbs sooo does that mean she'll fit into a cloth that goes up to a 30lb? I'm so confused!!

My avatar
im_mi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby im_mi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:49 pm

yay, im so glad you joined!! :D

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:54 pm

eviesmummy wrote::lol: yes there are lots to get used to - you will be fluent in cloth nappy chat in no time :wink:

Hi :wave:

As eviesmummy said, you will get used to the abbreviations in no time, although every now and then I still get caught out on some :giggle:

Once you find all the gorgeous nappies, I'm sure you will want to cloth your 2yr old straight away :giggle:

My best cloth accessory tip would be to have a wetbag for dirty nappy storage rather than a bucket. They are miles nicer.

My avatar
Aaisrie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Aaisrie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Aww yay it's my wonderful cloth-bum-advising friend Immi!!

Thanks sweetiepups I'm already drooling over everyone else's stash and wishing I'd started sooner!!! I think I need to get me a wet bag :]

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers