Newbie checking in.....

My avatar
ginadc
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie checking in.....

Postby ginadc » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi

I'm new to this forum and this is going to be my second attempt at using cloth nappies. I used bambino mio with my daughter Phoebe who is nearly 5 yrs old now but I simply didn't get on with them. Too bulky, the wraps were too rigid and Phoebe ended up looking very uncomfortable.

I used disposables with my twins (now 12yrs old) but with Phoebe (5yrs) and Tilly (2yrs) I've used the more eco friendly disposibles. Now, I want to give the cloth nappies a better go. I realise that this is going to be the last baby (due October) and that I have said that before, but honestly its true so I won't have anyone to hand any cloth nappies down to. Not sure about the resale market, but my main focus is not to add to the landfill.

I want to use cloth from birth and to get into that habit straight away. I love the itti bitti d'lish but the poppers scare me! I also love the kissaluvs but am not sure which wrap would be best. Too many nappies, too many choices!!

Thats (more than) enough from me.
:pregnant:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Newbie checking in.....

Postby flutterby » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi

I'm Hanna, mummy to Jak 21 months, and pink bump due in 3 weeks! I'm sure there will be lots of people around to answer your questions, I'm pretty new here too, and have already gained soo much knowledge from these lovely ladies!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:41 am

Hi and Welcome - Im Sadie, mum of 3 and my 20month old daughter is a cloth bum. This is a great place to get help and info on probably every nappy out there - between us I would say we have covered most of them :lol: Look forward to chatting and feel free to ask anything you like, somebody will always be able to give you their view :D

Sadie xx

PS - Itti Bitti D'Lish are lovely and the poppers arent scary once you use them :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the tree. I'm Rae, and have 1½ year old Kayleigh. You have so much choice in cloth nappies these days, I'm sure you can find something right for this LO. If you see a nappy that hasn't been reviewed, it's always worth asking about it, because someone has usually had a go.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Hello and welcome to the site, I am Annette, mum to 2 year old Charlotte and 6 week old Ben, both cloth bummed pretty much since birth. Sadly Charlotte is now in knickers in the day, but at least I have Ben.

I am sure you will get some great advice from all the ladies on here as to which nappies to try. Look forward to getting to know you :D

My avatar
Liss07
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Liss07 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Welcome!

Poppers are sooo easy honestly, but maybe start out with applix nappies if they seem scary? Or you could just buy one preloved popper fastening thing and see how you find it?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi and welcome, i am Nicola and mum to 2 girls. My youngest Evie is day potty trained now but thankfully still in night nappies for now.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi, I am also Annette, mum to Benjamin who has been clothed bummed since birth - so teeny tiny nappies for us! Also we started for the landfill issues, but seem to have got a little carried away :shock:

Return to Welcome Newcomers