hf1

New Scottish member :-)

My avatar
Mrs Harvey

New Scottish member :-)

Postby Mrs Harvey » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi there,
Have finally got around to actually introducing myself-sorry for the delay :roll:
I'm Naomi, I'm 23 and live on the west coast of Scotland and am expecting my first baby in September. I have always planned on using cloth nappies and am rather obsessed with them already.... I'm also keen on baby wearing and try to live as eco minded as I can. I plan to bring our baby up as a vegetarian, although I am a vegan. Um...I don't really know what else to say! Am looking forward to getting to know you all better and the site is lovely :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: New Scottish member :-)

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Hello, I am Annette, Ben has been cloth bummed since birth and we try to be careful with eco things, but nappies, recycling and lightbulbs and lots of walking and public transport leaving the car at home is about as far as we get :oops:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi there and welcome. I am also Annette and I am mum to 2 year old Charlotte and just over 2 month old Ben (gosh where does the time go!). I am a veggie but my dh isn't so Charlotte is mostly veggie as I do most of the cooking but he is desperately trying to persuade her of the yumminess of meat :roll:

Look forward to chatting and meeting your baby in september

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi Naomi, welcome. I'm Joanne, mum to Matthew, 21 months, and, all being well, expecting another little one late December.
Looking forward to chatting! :D

Joanne

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:51 am

Hi Naomi

welcome to the site!! I'm Beck mum to hannah 4.5yrs Phebie who'll be 2 in a few days and William 6months. Look forwar chatting more soon and getting to know yoy better.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Hiya and welcome. I am veggie too and have been for 17 years now!! :shock: :shock: How time flies!!

Look forward to chatting more very soon and this site won't help the addiciton at all!! :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi Naomi and welcome to CNT. I'm Rae, and have Kayleigh who is 1¾. I had always planned on using cloth and was shocked at how obsessed some people were about them. I wanted a purely practical option. Needless to say I have bought and sold many different types, and love different ones for different reasons.
I figure with how red (opposite of green) my partners parents are, then anything I can do to lessen the carbon footprint is a bonus.
Look forward to chatting.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Hello & Welcome, Naomi! :) Nice to see another person on here from Scotland - and maybe not too far from me? I'm in the highlands of Scotland. I also decided on cloth before my first child was born, but used prefolds for the first 16 months - until I learned about more exciting nappies when my little boy was born! They're certainly addictive - makes the otherwise mundae job of nappy changing lots more fun! Hope all goes well with your pregnancy - and you'll enjoy getting to try out your nappies when your baby arrives. :)

My avatar
millercl_6
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby millercl_6 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:22 pm

wecome to the board and hope you enjoy cloth nappys and not long till babs is here

Return to Welcome Newcomers