Hiya *waves*

My avatar
MrsPitterPatter
Clothie
Clothie

Hiya *waves*

Postby MrsPitterPatter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi all,

I found this website after chatting to a friend who raves about it so thought I'd come and have a little look!!!!

I'm Eleanor, mum to Oliver who's 7 months now. We've had a rocky fluff road. All the way through pregnancy I was determined to use cloth and inherited my parents' old terries so I bought all the extras and got everything else I needed set up. He was born mid november and we got going on day 4 with them. All went well until christmas. We spent christmas and new year away with family and we used disposies while away. When we got back I didn't really get back into using the terries. I couldn't find a fold to suit his level of wetness and explodapoos and tbh I got lazy and found I didn't have to change his bum as frequently with the sposies :oops:. I then bought a set of LL - a few size 1s with wraps and about 10 size 2s but no size 2 wraps. They went well until he outgrew the 1s and I didn't have any other wraps to use with the 2s and no funds to buy any so that was that. Back to the sposies.

A few weeks ago I went to stay with the friend above who inspired me to get back into it. She lent me some larger wraps and some prefolds and I slowly eased my way back into it, using 1 or 2 a day and then built it up to using them as much as I could during the day, bearing in mind I only had about 6 prefolds. They worked so well that I tried the LL again with the borrowed wraps. They worked! And this time Oliver didn't scream when they went on. So I brought them all back into action and now I've got enough to use cloth full time during the day. I've even taken him out and about in them which I said I wasn't going to do when I was pregnant.

We're still in sposies overnight but I'm going back to work in the next couple of weeks so I'll soon have funds to search for some night-time nappies. Especially now he's not feeding so much during the night and so not peeing as much.

So while I'm no newcomer to cloth, it feels like I am and I'm loving it!!!!!

So that's my story :lol:. Looking forward to chatting with you and will be asking away for lots of advice!

xxx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Hiya *waves*

Postby monsterm » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi Eleanor :wave:

Welcome to the tree :cnthug: Glad you have found the love again.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 pm

:wave: Welcome to cloth nappy tree and well done for perserveering :cnthug:

You will definately build up a big stash being on here :hohoho:

My avatar
MrsPitterPatter
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MrsPitterPatter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm champing at the bit to get buying new nappies and am desperate for a flip wrap after hearing such good things about them. I'm thinking what I can sell to build up the funds :LOL:

I've got some motherease wraps that we used in the beginning and they're like new with the amount we used them. Might have to flog those to add to the nappy kitty!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:08 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave:

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi :wave:

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi, and welcome

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:13 am

welcome and well done for refueling your cloth passion. You should definitely try Flips- they're fab!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:11 am

:wave: welcome to the tree

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers