Hi from a nappy newbie

My avatar
vikkimmto4
Clothie
Clothie

Hi from a nappy newbie

Postby vikkimmto4 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Hiya,

I'm Vikki and i'm currently expecting baby number 5 in November. I have decided to try and use cloth nappies this time and was wondering if anyone can give me advice lol. I have been looking on all the sites and really havent a clue lol. I'm happy to buy second hand as need to watch the pennies.

Look forward to speaking to you all xxx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Hi from a nappy newbie

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Vikki :wave:

Welcome to the tree :cnthug: You have plenty of time so read on the forum, ask questions & we'll help you get a great stash ready for baba. Congrats on the :pregnant:

My avatar
vikkimmto4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby vikkimmto4 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks, there as so many scrummy nappies for sale on here eek lo. Oh forgot to mention bubba is a boy :) I already have 2 of each anyway so it didnt really matter xx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Awww that's lovely. We all have a couple of nappies of different brands (if you understand what I mean). We wouldn't recommend getting a whole pile of the same nappies because your baby changes shape so much as they grow so one brand might not work all the time.

Favourite type would be fitted & wool but it's handy having some pockets & all in ones in your stash. If you are planning on starting straight away from birth, it's best to get some newborn & small nappies in your stash, then you can sell them on to fund mediums/larges.

HTH

My avatar
vikkimmto4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby vikkimmto4 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:12 pm

thanks :). do you have any suggestions? I've looked at the bimble and the diddy diaper but honestly dont know where to start. I have been offered some pre folds too :/ x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 pm

I didn't use cloth from newborn with this one but plan on with next. Heard great things about diddy diapers but don't know about bimbles. Prefolds are great. you can learn some great folds on youtube. The xs sandies are very good too. For an AIO, the ladies on here love totsbots teeny fits & bumgenius AIO. There are some really pretty fitteds around as well. Keep an eye out for xs owewhoawhen (or OWW for short) on classifieds.

Some reading for you
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=81367&p=887153&hilit=newborn#p887153
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82916&hilit=newborn

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi :wave:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:36 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi :wave:
I used diddy diapers on my LO and I had 1 bimble which I love. I bought more bimbles in a bigger size. In fact I used one today with a rumparooz wrap :wink:
Like people have said its good to get a selection of different ones to see what works and sell the ones you dont like. I am finding it v hard to part with ones I dont use though. Keep thinking 'they might work on the next baby' :wink:
any questions, ask, someone will answer you quite quickly :hohoho:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers