hf1

Hi I'm Lesley

My avatar
LJayne
Clothie
Clothie

Hi I'm Lesley

Postby LJayne » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Tory, just cribbed this from your email address in a post on BC!

I'm Lesley, living in the UK, mum to Luke who is nearly 4 and Naomi, nearly 8 months. I've been a clothie mum since Luke was a week old and it really was the best decision I could have made. Really helped by the support of my wonderful husband who happily changes as many nappies as he would if they were disposable.

I truly believe that wearing cloth helped Luke day potty train at 2 years and 3 months. Night-time didn't happen until he was 2 years and 9 months but that is often the case and he's a deep sleeper anyhow.

I laugh now but with Luke we used flat terries. We did no research and people of the older generation(s) bought them as presents for us when we announced we were going to use them. That was all they knew. Fortunately we knew enough to buy wraps not plastic pants. At about a year old he went into kissaluvs.

With Naomi we use Tots Bots that my SIL bought when I persuaded her to use cloth. She stopped early on coz she was convinced it was stopping her son rolling. So she put him in Pampers and he still refused to move, for months afterwards! Absolutely loving the TB's though.

Better stop here I've waffled on too long :oops:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:23 pm

Welcome Lesley!!!! :D really glad you found us, hope to see you lots on here!

Dont' knock terry squares!!! I bought a pack of bright bots (the gorgeous coloured ones) in the lead up to winter and they have been invaluble over the winter espeacially as its been so mild so we haven't been heating much. I'm really pleasantly suprised how good they are!

with you on the tb's. Bamboozles are my curent fave!! (In coulours of course - I'm slowley getting rid of anything white from my collection!!)

Great to see you on here!

My avatar
LJayne
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LJayne » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:02 pm

I think terries work better on boys as their bits seem to fatally attract poo. Whereas with a girl it seems to shoot everywhere. So boys are harder to clean, imho, but you get far less leaks & mess!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:28 pm

Oh I'd not thought about that, I've only had boys so not known any different, will be a shock to the system methinks if I get a girl next time lol!!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:43 pm

Just saying hello Lesley! Fancy seeing you here. Hope all is going well... I don't know any different re changing boys versus girls, but I know when I see friends changing their little girls it just looks like there's something missing!
Amanda x
ps I'm just assuming your the same LJayne I know from bc, if you're not then hello anyway LOL

Return to Welcome Newcomers