Saying Hello

My avatar
Dochka
Clothie
Clothie

Saying Hello

Postby Dochka » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi,

I'm expecting my first baby in September and have wanted to use cloth nappies ever since I came across them when working in daycare nurseries a few years back. I fell in love with the bamboo ones a particular family used back then and had no idea how much variety there was until falling pregnant myself.

We are planning on using disposables for the first couple of weeks just to get used to parenthood, especially as my pregnancy has been very difficult and I am wanting to ease from pregnancy to parenthood a little first. I have a newborn starter set from Tommee Tippee for our first foray into cloth nappies and am starting to hunt for the next lot we will use when our baby grows out of these.

I'm thinking o using microfibre for daily use due to them drying quicker, but I do want to buy some bamboo ones for nighttime use and adding a few more cotton ones just for variety. Our budget is very tight so we're buying pre-loved nappies for the most part, especially as this is the only baby we're planning on having. Even so, making a choice between the huge varieties out there is so difficult!!

Looking forward to browsing the forums some more for info on the different types :D

Whoops, forgot to mention, I'm Amanda, 27, recently married to my best friend, and looking forward to welcoming the little one we thought we may never have thanks.

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Saying Hello

Postby willowherb » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:49 pm

:wave: hello and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Hello and welcome!

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mummy2threeboys » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:50 pm

:wave:

Welcome to the :cnthug:

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Hello :wave:

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Hello and welcome :)

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi :wave:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi Amanda :wave:

Welcome to the tree :cnthug: And congratulations :pregnant:

I love that you fell in love with cloth while working in a day care. Another fab reason for us to bring cloth to the daycare :wine:

Microfibre & cotton should definately work for you whiel your baby is small but be aware that they don't work for heavier wetters. The best piece of advice I got starting out was not to buy too many of one variety of nappy. just get a couple of each. That way, if they don't work out you have other nappies that will & it is easier to sell the ones that don't work on & try some more instead.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:35 pm

Hiya! :wave:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers