hf1

Hello, its about time i introduced myself.

My avatar
BubbaL1ss
Clothie
Clothie

Hello, its about time i introduced myself.

Postby BubbaL1ss » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:44 pm

hello everyone,
I have used the site for advice information and bought lots of lovely wool from here, however, i've never really thought to stop to chat.
I'm mum to James and John. James'll be two in sept and has been a cloth bum for most of his daytime life, but he got quite bad rash so its only the last year did i introduce night nappies tho. my answer for his nightime is either babybehinds or weenotion nappies, lots of extra padding and a lovley large weenotion wrap or pair of woolie longies.
Nearly everything that i've had has been second hand except my lovely disana wool which i've just ruined by sticking in the wash and its now felted and wont even go over my littlest boys cloth bottom!!! so i've just ordered a brand new one!!!!
I'm having a hard time clothbumming the little one, John, he'll be three months this week. i manage it for a couple of weeks and then run out of steam, and resort to occasional sposies but they are nice environemental ones and they do last him all night :) . I'm looking for advice on how to run the house, (which is also about to be extended from a small two bed), breastfeed baby, cook food, do the washing and use cloth. I love cloth and want to use my stash and not create landfill.
Love to hear advice from all you cloth users out there,
by the way, my recent inspiration to get back into cloth was an eighty-ish year old farmers wife who i met by the bishops palace in Wells who had six kids, four of whom were under four, took them out milking, used a twintub and no choice but to use cloth!! XXXX

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Hello, its about time i introduced myself.

Postby scarlet » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:56 pm

:wave:
I would recommend a sling. Makes life much easier as baby can feed while in the sling and you are able to be hands free!

My avatar
BubbaL1ss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby BubbaL1ss » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi Scarlett,

Thanks for the advice, Good idea, i used a kari-me wrap with james but it seems to warm and i dont seem to have the time to get it on to begin with!!! it was lush tho and i used it lots during the winter. I've just borrowed a Baba sling from a freind so i'm hoping that i can just pop it on and have lo with me when i try to get on with chores.
Would you have any advice on other slings that are easy to put on but comfy as i imagine this one wont be easy to use once he gets a bit bigger as all the weight is on one shoulder and it pulls into the neck.

Cheers Ros

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:26 pm

hello and welcome :wave:

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi :wave: welcome to the tree

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:54 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi Ros :wave:

Glad you've decided to join in chatting - there's loads of helpful and nappy-knowledgeable ladies on here who will be more than happy to chat with you about whatever you want!

Please get stuck in and post away :D

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 pm

hi, great to hear your story. sorry about your disana woolies, maybe they can be used as newborn woolies :-) x

My avatar
fluffybummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffybummy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:08 pm

:wave: hello from a newbie :wave:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers