hf1

How remiss, I haven't said hello yet.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: How remiss, I haven't said hello yet.

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:33 am

Hi and welcome to the tree :wave:

I swear by paw paw salve for nappy rash and virtually every other skin condition. The Simmons & Co one on this site is petroleum free so can be used on any bit of the body including face.

i've found it clears up nappy rash, eczema etc usually within a day or two of use. it's my miracle cure-all.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:57 am

Hi :wave: welcome to the tree. Do you use fleece liners on your nappies? They act as a waterproof layer between baby & nappy & can help prevent rash.

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi :wave:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Hey there steph and welcome. In regards to nappy rash I found that cleaning ethans bum/bits in cold camomile tea helped hugely. I would brew up 2 teabags in a jug then remove them when they had seeped enough and let the tea cool. Then I would keep it near the changing table and use it with cotton wool/reusable wipes to clean him at every nappy change. When he was mega sore I would even add a few tbags to his bath water! It realy worked for us. also do you do extra rinses when you wash your nappies? If not try an extra rinse or 2 after every nappy wash and see if it makes a difference? It could be a build up of detergant that might be making him a bit sore?. Lots of nappy free time will help and I use metanium cream for ethan. (It is thick and clogs nappies up so make sure you use fleece liners on your naPpies before using! Good luck :-)

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:35 pm

:wave: :wave: and welcome! x

My avatar
snorkmaiden
Clothie
Clothie

Postby snorkmaiden » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks for the lovely welcomes and great advice- I feel like I have a bit of ammo against the nappy rash now!

I do use fleece liners, and try and give him some nappyless time each day; a bit difficult though, as he has a water spigot; it kind of goes everywhere! It's been fine hanging out in the garden though- he waters the plants. :lol:

Will definitely go for the camomile tea cure; SOMETHING has to work, and I have loads of cam. teabags lurking unused in the cupboard. Failing that, having tried everything else, I'll get some of the pawpaw salve.

At least he doesn't seem to realise it's supposed to hurt, bless him. :giggle:

Right, I''m off to try a mei tai back carry- erk!

Thanks everyone

Steph :love:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:29 pm

:wave: welcome to the tree - we rarely got nappy rash with DD, but I found on the odd times we did that a silk liner in the nappy worked well - something to do with the anti-bacterial properties of silk I think. We also used Waitrose Bum Butter which seemed to do well.

Rashes are generally caused by poo against the skin, so just try to make sure you change him as soon as possible after he does a poo. Tea tree oil in the wipe water can also help (not too much or it will sting - it's strong stuff!)

My avatar
snorkmaiden
Clothie
Clothie

Postby snorkmaiden » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:29 pm

I tried the camomile tea- it was amazing! The red naddies went back to pink overnight, shock! :D But it didn't quite go away entirely, and has crept back by degrees, despite careful tea-washing... :(

Still doing it though in the hope it will go away. Given up on the shea butter; it's not making any difference. Back on the calendula for now.. :roll:

Next to try:
Immediate post-poo change (not even leaving it 10 mins as I sometimes do... how lax...slapped wrists all round)
Tea tree (I have some in the house)
pawpaw salve (when I get some money!)
Silk liners (skint- and WHERE do I get THOSE?!)

Any other advice from you nappy goddesses?

S

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:04 pm

I am sure there was something about egg whites recommended by one of the ladies on here..... :lookround:
I also recommend breastmilk.
Welcome. :cnthug:

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Newcomers