Why have I not done this bit yet!?!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Why have I not done this bit yet!?!

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:39 am

Hi there!
After months of chatting & chatting, and welcoming other people on this thread... I realised I hadn't actually done this bit myself! :oops: :oops: :oops:
So... Hello! :giggle: :wave:

I'm Jennie, mum to James born December 2008 & Eleanor born February 2011!
I work fulltime as a doctor (including nights & weekends at times) - but enjoying the maternity leave at the moment.
I was always 'work work work' focused before having children - and naivly had so many 'work plans' for my maternity leave with James.
But once I set eyes on my beautiful baby boy, it all went out the window - and I loveevery minute of being a mummy!
Don't get me wrong I love my job, but I'm not the same person I was before children - but have since discovered the 'real me'! And meeting a new friend at aquanatal classes - she helped me so much become the real me & even though she's moved away now, our two firstborns are still the best of friends, as are we!
This time round with maternity leave - Ive still been out & about to lots of groups with Eleanor, but also learnt to crochet & discovered a love of sewing & fabric!!!
(something which all you ladies on here, have only encouraged more!!!)

I love being pregnant - and we do hope for a 3rd child eventually, but with preeclampsia twice now (1st time undiagnosed until developed it with Eleanor and worse 2nd time round and ending up being admitted for the end of the pregnancy & being induced) we're going to have a bigger age gap & enjoy the beautiful 2 children I have, whilst my body has a break.

I always wanted to use reuseable nappies and bought the mothercare smart nappy system when I was pregnant with James - but it didn't work on my tiny little boyu as he was 5lb 13oz! Even when he got bigger, it just didn't work for us.
Myself and a friend just started buying one/two of different ones until we found our favourites!

I wanted Eleanor to have a cloth bottom from birth - but being 4lb 11oz meant that was sooo difficult. Her first nappy was a BG XS AIO - but folded down at the front & overlapped completely! But once she got to about 6lbs we went cloth fulltime!
So after lots of mistakes with cloth nappies, I've finally found the ones that suit my skinny teeny babies!

Can't believe its taken me months & months & months to do this bit!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
But a big belated hello!! :wave:
Last edited by docmaggoo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Why have I not done this bit yet!?!

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:42 am

:giggle: :giggle: Hello Jen and welcome :wink: !! Very nice to hear a bit more about you :wine: :wine: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:48 am

Hi Jennie :wave:

Nice to "meet" you!! Your Eleanor is just a bit older than my Isabel!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 am

:giggle: hello jennie!!!

like the others said - nice to know a bit more about you!
x x x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:00 am

Hello and welcome!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:06 am

An official welcome then :giggle: :wave:

Lovely to hear more about you and your lovely family, and your journey into the world of cloth :D

Sadie xx

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:45 am

Hello :wave:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:31 pm

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: Welcome hun! x

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Hello :wave:

Lovely to know more about you! Ooh (I think we might have said this before?) our little ones have the same age gap! Lilly was December 2008 and Jake was March 2011 - but should have been Feb, the lazy monkey :giggle:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers