Glasgow newcomer :-)

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Glasgow newcomer :-)

Postby Cocobelle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:33 am

Hi there

I've been thinking of using cloth nappies for a while and decide to take the plunge at the weekend. A lovely lady was offering 8 free cloth nappies (tots bots fluffles) on another website, so I got them and then my mum bought me a couple of tots bots easyfits when I soon realised I was going to need more nappies!

So far I haven't had much luck. Baby had the runs on the first day so after going through all my nappies in half a day, I had to go back to disposables. Last night I put an easyfit on him through the night, and he woke up this morning with a wet tummy and horrible red marks between his legs.

Any tips on how to avoid leaks and sore spots?

Coco x

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Glasgow newcomer :-)

Postby weebee » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:01 am

Hi there and welcome! I hail from the wonderful city of Glasgow, though I haven't lived there for over a decade :-(

How old is your wee one? My son is 4months and would out pee an easyfit overnight- unless we popped a couple of bamboo boosters in to to increase the absorbancy. We find a fitted nappy and a wrap work best for overnight- Totsbots bamboozles and little lamb bamboo both with extra boosting work well for us. More absorbancy also reduces chaffing and redness.

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:06 am

Hi and thanks for replying :-)

My boy is 10 months old but is very small.

The trouble is that I am completely overwhelmed by what's available. I have tried to contact my local cloth nappy network for a trial pack but it's not active right now due to members having babies, etc. A friend of my mum uses cloth nappies and said she'd make me up a small selection of her faves to try, so hopefully that will help.

Thanks again.

Coco x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:09 am

Hi ya :wave: and welcome

We live not too far away from you :D

Could be that you need a dedicated night nappy now, what did you stuff the easy fit with overnight? Fluffles aren't the best either unless they are boosred also, they are made of microfibre which can just squish out wee if they get to wet. Also what sort of cover where you using, a pul wrap??

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:13 am

Oh dear, this is where I show what a complete novice I am! I didn't stuff it with anything other than the pre-attached liner. And I didn't use a cover as I'd read it wasn't necessary with an easyfit.

I'm so glad I posted. Clearly I need help!

Coco x
Last edited by Cocobelle on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 am

Hi :wave:

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:24 am

Hey :-)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:45 am

Hi Cocobelle! :wave:
Welcome to the tree and so pleased to hear you are getting into cloth at 10 months old.
Ive learnt (from many people on here) is that there is a solution to almost any problems with cloth.

It definitely sounds like you need more absorbancy. Boosting the nappies you have is a good place to start. My DD is a heavy wetter - so weve had to switch to dedicated night nappies overnight, but during the day as long as its either a bamboo nappy or a boosted cotton nappy we're ok. Sometimes you just have to accept that certain nappies will just need changing more often.

Hope that helps. Good luck in getting your boy into cloth
:wave:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:48 am

You don't need a cover with an easyfit but does sound like you need more stuffing, most of us here use hemp and or bamboo. I could have got away with using sn easy fit over night with a few extra layers of hemp but DD was a light wetter. You need a cover with the Fluffles :D

Don't worry, we have all been there, it is a big learning curve :wink: Some of us use a mix of pockets and 2 parters (fitteds and wrap) some just one or the other, I used both but preferred either wool or fleece longies instead of a pul wrap x

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers