hf1

Glasgow newcomer :-)

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Glasgow newcomer :-)

Postby Cocobelle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:54 am

Thanks, Kirsty. I feel a bit overwhelmed so it's great to have some support.

I have covers for the fluffles. What are longies?

Coco x

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:57 am

:wave: hello and welcome

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:58 am

Cocobelle wrote:Thanks, Kirsty. I feel a bit overwhelmed so it's great to have some support.

I have covers for the fluffles. What are longies?

Coco x

Longies are wool trousers, I thought they looked a bit well mental when I first started out but soon came round :giggle: They replace the need for a pul waterproof wrap, they absorb some of the moisture, allow the nappy to breath and look mega cute. There is usually some on classifieds so have a browse, fleece trousers are also good but need to be washed after each wear unlike wool but is a cheaper alternative (they are called flongies)

Where abouts in Glasgow are you, we have a couple of members from that way x

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 am

I'm in the east of Glasgow. It would be great to get to know other cloth users in my area.

I will check out longies. They sound interesting!

Coco x

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:36 am

I know it seems daunting at first but don't worry you will get your head around all the options. It just means you have to come on here and chat lots!!! :wink:

PUL does have a reputation for leaving marks. If this is happening then as PPs have said I would go for a fitted nappy (fluffles are fitted but maybe try a bamboo fitted as it absorbs without it squishing out again so easily) and a wool cover which come as a soaker (like wool pants), shorties (wool shorts) and longies (wool trousers). They sound dubious I know, I never thought they would work but they are the best IMO as they are very breathable, moisture can evaporate, they don't leave marks and they are soooo waterproof. You can usually find them on classifieds. You should be able to find a bamboo fitted and longies preloved for not too much money just to try them out.

Keep asking away... :D :wink:

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:47 am

hiya! welcome to cloth - you'll defo save loads of money! my tip is to use reusable wipes as these are the money saver :-) we use Easyfits at nursery - they need changing every 3 hours for DD - and she was getting the red marks around the legs also, so we put lots of cream on her legs to protect them from chaffing. the best night nappy would be a dedicated night nappy e.g. weenotions with wool on the top. you can buy second hand from the classifieds on here. good luck!!! x

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks knees_on and jcmellor, I really appreciate these tips. I'm going to have a look in classifieds now...

Coco x

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 am

PS any thoughts on the best place to buy reusable wipes? :-(

Coco x

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:13 am

hello! and welcome!
To save some money... i brought some fleece, and cut it up to make my own wipes! I am now starting to sew some terry towelling onto the other side.. as that is a little easier for wiping poop!

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Newcomers