Hello, newbie from Cheshire

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Hello, newbie from Cheshire

Postby becsom » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi all

I'm Becky, living near Stockport with hubby and 2 daughters - eldest is nearly 3, little one is 4 months.

Can't stand looking in the bin and seeing so many disposables (never mind how many there must be in land-fill!!) so decided it's time to take the plunge :D

I tried using cloth with DD1 but wasn't too impressed with the ones I was using (Bambino Mio) and stopped when I went back to work and she went to nursery. Hoping to spend a full 12 months at home with DD2 so want to use cloth for a lot longer. Can't believe how much choice there seems to be now :shock:

So I'd really like to join all you knowledgeable ladies to get some top tips on the best nappies to use etc. I seem to have spent about 4 hours a day for the last week researching it all on the internet and my house is now starting to look like a total tip. (And yes, I do have a bit of a obsessive personality)

So far I've bought a few different ones to try out (some new, some pre-loved) including:
MEOS (cotton x1, bamboo x1 on order) plus ME wraps (airflow and Rikki)
Fluffles (aplix) x5
Bambineos x5
Baby Beehind Bamboo BTP x1 on order
Wam Bamboo (nippa) x1 on order (cheap in sale)

Errr, think that's it so far. Want to get a Weenotions (pretty girly one) and a Nightnotions to try out too, but need to encourage Granny to buy one as a 'present' :wink: .

Becky x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Hello, newbie from Cheshire

Postby Rae » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi Becky, welcome to CNT. I'm Rae, and have Kayleigh in cloth.
Oh no, an obsessive personality, be warned your bank balance might be affected with lovely cloth and bad influences on here.
I'm sure you will have fun trying different nappy types out. You have a lovely little stash so far. May I suggest you put a bumgenius birth to potty into that stash as well - slim fitting, quick to dry and very reliable.
Maybe you could get friends and relatives to get you gift certificates at the nappy shops - ohh, what fun that would be.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi Becky. There are a few of us in the Stockport / Manchester area. I organise a get together once a month at the Central library in Stockport for people to come along and find out more about cloth - the next one is on 4th September so you should come along if you are able to and we can be bad influences on you in real life as well as on here :wink:

Look forward to chatting and getting to know you :D

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi Becky

I'm from Stockport too :D :D :D welcome to the site and welcome to the world of cloth :wink:

jan x

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:41 am

Thanks Ladies!

Rae - I guess I'll just have to go and get a Bumgenius one too then (hehe, any excuse :) )

And Annette, I had already seen on the internet that there was a nappy group thing at the library in Stockport - I'm hoping to come next time (if I can get away from DD2's appointment at Stepping Hill early enough!!)

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit more

Becky x

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi there Becky - i am Nicola (nic on here for short) mum to 2 girls, Emma aged 8 and Evie almost 3. Day trained and for last 2 nights also dry at night so think the last of our nappies will be sold on very soon......no more littlies for us so my cloth route is almost at an end...booooo but i will hang around here still and live through everyones fluffy postings and stashs etc!! :D :D :lol: :lol:

Look forward to getting to know you!!

Return to Welcome Newcomers