hf1

Hello all im new and need some info

My avatar
econappymamma
Clothie
Clothie

Hello all im new and need some info

Postby econappymamma » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi all, my name is Lucy. I sell nappies on line (wont do any advertising as sure thats not allowed) the thing is business is really slow at the mo, are people out there still buying real nappies? And if so what are you favorites as I think I may need a major overhall of the products I sell. Help please!
from one desperate to stay at home mum!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Hello all im new and need some info

Postby KimmyM » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:08 pm

:giggle: I don't stop buying nappies.
I love pretty nappies. Itti's, D&F, HL, WN, a few good staples TB fitted's, Wonderoo's, pumpkin pants ect I do think once you find a site you do go back time and again.
I just found Baba moo don't know if she does wholesell but I love her stuff. Oh and Rufflebums took me months to get a slot.
Sorry I've just thrown my favourite nappy brands at you.
Good luck though.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi and welcome
Yes people are very much still buying real nappies, round these parts WHAM nappies are most popluar but from the commercial side of things tots bots teeny ans easy fits are popular as are little lambs for a good basic stash builder

My avatar
monkeyhanger
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby monkeyhanger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 am

Welcome to CNT! :D

I think the market is increasing for cloth nappies. I live in Hartlepool (near Durham) and in the recent sunshine i saw a 6month old with a ME wrap in the park. I just had to say hi to the mum. To be fair its the first one that ive seen out an about apart from on my own dd!

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 pm

get xl monkey foots!!! these are soooooooooooo hard to come by and people would buy other thnings from you if you stocked these. also cjs butter, washable wipes etc etc. good luck!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Totally stupid but I love free p&p and nearly always order more to get it.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:21 pm

its a tough one because the cloth nappy world is huge now but there are sooooo many retailers myself included. So i think thats why its slow. Personally i wouldn't survive just selling nappies i do accesories and wool too hope that helps.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:02 pm

My first step into cloth was with the Wonderoo v1 starter kit, followed by the full time kit. We are probably one of the few people that still use them :giggle: We now use Easy/Teenyfits, Wonderoo v2s and Blueberrys oh and Real Easys in addition to our Wonderoo v1s. I'd definitely recommend having a site that branches out, maybe you could sell slings/carriers/amber necklaces/WAHM clothing too, and definitely those net bags that go in the nappy bucket, I don't see them many places!

My avatar
Mummy Belgium
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummy Belgium » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:17 am

Here I am retailer of cloth diapers also in Belgium.
And I do not see yet. I sell baby care products for mom, toys, baby bottles ... I sell but not enough to support a family or even have a salary.
November 1, I open my shop and I stop working as a nurse but I will work as a nurse on weekends.
I think there must be several reasons for the insufficient sales. But why?

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers