* 1 Bamboo Shaped Nappy
* 1 Cotton Shaped Nappy
* 1 Microfibre Shaped nappy
* 1 Pocket Nappy with Bamboo Insert
* 1 Wrap
* 3 Washable Fleecy Liners
* 1 Nappy Bag
for £40 - this is a possibility.

I am just boggled atm and need someone to sit down and go through it with me like you would a child!!

I had my first poo in cloth - haha. Ace! Any tips THERE would be great!
:)

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: New to cloth with a toddler!

Postby KimmyM » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Use liners :wink: hold and flush at 2 as long as you catch it before it's bounced in you should be able to knock it down the toilet. You will become an hold hand at it I'm sure.
Pocket in like a wrap with a lining with a slot somewhere so you can "stuff" it insert a insert.
AI2 all in two like about but without an opening so you can popper in the inserts so you can just remove these ans replace when wet instead of the whole thing. You will need to change the whole thing if dirty though. convenient but not great for heavy wetters.
All in one like a disposable but washable usually they take forever to dry.
Two parter. A fitted nappy, pre fold, flat nappy and a separate wrap. This is the most reliable IMO
Any spefic questions just post or PM me I'm always around and love talking cloth.
Try one or two of each on pre loved and see what you like then you can get some more.
See if you have a council scheme in your area some councils give you money. Mine doesn't :(
If you link the kit I'm sure someone will have a look at the types.
Twinkle on the web have some good starter sets.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Welcome to the beautiful, addictive, sometimes frustrating world of cloth! We are a purely pocket only household and started using cloth when my tiny's came along and have been hooked ever since! Which cloth works best for you is purely a personal thing, I can not abide fitted and wraps (my little dink still has marks on her legs from our foray into fitteds at night time) but others swear by them! Like others have said I would stear clear of packs of one sort as if you don't like them you're buggered :giggle:

It seems very daunting at the beginning but as the lovely ladies on here advised me just jump in and you'll either sink or swim! It's a lot easier than you imagine an there is always someone around here to offer advice if you get stuck!! I'd have been back in sposies in a week if it wasn't for this place now I have three gorgeous cloth bum baba's and an impressive stash of pretty fluff ;)

xx

My avatar
puppycat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby puppycat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:35 pm

My neighbour has just come in and given me all kinds of cloth to trial. Wow. I am still shocked!

I have about 15 nappies right now haha.

I am going to buy some liners, they're an obvious must have, I'm going to use these nappies here and see which I like. I must admit I'm leaning towards fitted and wraps, they're just so pretty and I'm amazed at how much they hold.

Oh and poppers not velcro - see I'm learning ;)

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi and Welcome :wave: I didn't start using cloth with my daughter till she was about 18 months, it's never too late! I now have a 4 month old too, and he's been in cloth since birth. :D Enjoy trying out all the new fluff! :lol:

My avatar
skybabe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby skybabe » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:00 am

Yay I found my neighbour : ) my first convert. Lynnie if u need me bang the wall I told you ask away as many times as you need to.
Oh your stretchie is all washed an dried and I've dug out more wipes for you. Welcome to cnt x x

My avatar
puppycat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby puppycat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey neighbour :) heh heh.
I washed my first load of nappies! WOOOOO! Go me!
I am going to have to buy some nappies dude, I feel the itch.... I NEED PRETTY CLOTH!!!!

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Robins_Mummy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:25 am

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:32 am

puppycat wrote:Thanks for the advise girls - I have found a 'try them all kit -
* 1 Bamboo Shaped Nappy
* 1 Cotton Shaped Nappy
* 1 Microfibre Shaped nappy
* 1 Pocket Nappy with Bamboo Insert
* 1 Wrap
* 3 Washable Fleecy Liners
* 1 Nappy Bag
for £40 - this is a possibility.

I am just boggled atm and need someone to sit down and go through it with me like you would a child!!

I had my first poo in cloth - haha. Ace! Any tips THERE would be great!
:)

Welcome :wave:

This is the little lambs kit. I bought this. Its well worth it when starting off and you can always sell on LLs.

Enjoy your fluff journey lol :thumbsup:

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Newcomers