Hello! New here.

My avatar
Madmum
Clothie
Clothie

Hello! New here.

Postby Madmum » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Hello all, :wave:

New to the site. Have an 8 year old girl and an 11 month old boy, used (and using!) cloth for both. Have found though that little bub is a chunky monkey compared to his sister (he's currently 27lb and taller than a friends 13 month old!).
Add to that the fact that he's a heavy wetter.....!! Have come along after peeking at the classifieds and itching to try some new fluff without breaking the bank.
If any kind people have recommendations would love to hear them :D

Karen

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Hello! New here.

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi Madmum. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Hello! New here.

Postby little1 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:41 pm

welcome :wave:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:47 pm

:wave: Karen and welcome to the Tree :cnthug:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:47 am

Welcome to the madhouse ;)

What are you currently using on your little/not so little dude??

xx

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:23 am

hello :wave: and welcome :wine:

My avatar
Madmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Madmum » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:01 am

Teganplus2, nights we've been using bamboozle stretchies with additional bamboo booster and ME airflow. Copes fine.
Daytime we have generally been using baba+boo pockets but he seems to have taken to not going for ages then HUGE wees. They can't cope! Went for a walk last week and the nappy that was just on before we went had wicked through to his clothes in 1.5 hours, with 1 MF and 1 bamboo booster.
So, have now started using our stretchies during the day, also the odd Mother Nature bambini.
Have tried an Itti Bitti Tutto. Normally OK, last week he soaked through the lot in 2 hours, with the full set of boosters in :roll:

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:33 am

@Madmum
we don't get on with babbaboo or tuttos either although a sized sio itti does us fine :)
i love the bamboozle stretches too and they are fab under wool during the day for my little man but need a little bit more absorbancy at night :)
have a look in classifieds and try out a few different brands to see what works for you :) i have a little chunk and our favourites are flips, easyfits and weenotions pockets/northernlights and wrap

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 am

Our favourites are baba & boo and tweedlebee & tweedlebum if we're going out I'll generally reach for a t&t and they have been known to last 5 hours plus on my heaviest wetter (we forgot clean nappies) they are expensive and don't often come up pre loved but are worth every penny IMO! I've just stocked up on some more, and with three in cloth it doesn't come cheap but we've never had the slightest leak from them so if your budget can stretch then they're worth a shot!

Toni xx

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers