Hello from Hertfordshire!

My avatar
craggy426
Clothie
Clothie

Hello from Hertfordshire!

Postby craggy426 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:00 am

Hello!

Firstly an apology...I've been using the forum and enjoying it immensly for the past couple of weeks but only just noticed I should've introduced myself. So sorry about that!

My name's Lizzy, mummy to 12 week old Emilie and we live in Welwyn Garden City, Herts with French Canadian dad, Pascal, and extremely cheeky cat, Molly (who really thinks she's the baby). I'm also an opera singer though not working for a while yet and love to sew and knit, my garden (we have tomatoes, beans, courgettes and squashes at the moment) and going for as many walks and bike rides in nature as possible (can't for Emilie to be big enough to fit in one of those cute little trailers!)

I've been using cloth since we got home from hospital and adore it! Cloth was always going to be for me as I love nature and want to help save our planet for our little ones... What a fun way of doing that too! I was pleased that I'd poured over so many cloth websites and ordered it all well in advance cos Emilie arrived a month early. Fortunately I had loads of advice from a friend who put her 4 kids in cloth so had some small enough as I bought loads of different types. Thirsties and kissaluvs were the best when she was so teeny. We also have Diddy Diapers, Tots Bots fluffles, Ella's house hemp nappies, little kiwis and our new night time favourite bumgenius v3. I think somehow the collection won't stop there, particularly as I've discovered weenotions!

Anyway, hello! I'm very happy to have found you all!

Lizzy x :knit:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Re: Hello from Hertfordshire!

Postby beck » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:59 pm

ooohh Weenotions is dangerous territory!

Hi Lizzy and welcome to the tree :D you certainly have an interesting job :) I'm Beck mum to Hannah, Phebie and William. Look forward to getting to know you and chatting about all things cloth and more.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi and welcome. Sounds like a very interesting life you have. Glad you introduced yourself and I look forward to chatting more :D

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:33 pm

hiya Lizzy, welcome to CNT!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:20 pm

Hello Lizzy and welcome to the tree.
With your hobbies of sewing, knitting and gardening (and possible nappy addiction) you'll fit in perfectly around here.
I'm Rae and have Kayleigh who is almost 2. I love her nappies so much that the day she potty trains will be both a joy and very sad. I so want to try some other nappies, but think that it is hardly worth buying new ones now.

Return to Welcome Newcomers