hf1

Purchases on wahm threads - please read.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Purchases on wahm threads - please read.

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Please do not indicate that you wish to purchase an item listed on a wahm thread unless you are genuinely committed to purchasing said item.

It is time-consuming for the WAHM if you later change your mind and frustrating for other customers who have missed out on the item.

It is a wonderful bonus that our talented WAHMs list items exclusively on CNT and we do not want to miss out on this.

WAHMs are requested to inform moderators of any problems. Repeat offenders will be issued with a warning and privileges may be removed until matters are resolved.

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Re: Purchases on wahm threads - please read.

Postby MrC » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 am

Could I also add this plea to WAHMs selling on the forum: We attempt primarily to provide you with a free and useful service where you can show off your creativity and build relationships with people and indeed even help each other to be creative in a manner that can be beneficial to your business and hopefully generally promote cloth nappy use.

It is most decidedly not meant to be merely a place where you place sales links to Facebook, Flickr or any other sites where you have content for promotional purposes. We have noticed an increasing number of posts recently with little or no other information than "Go see this page", "My photos are here" or similar with no other content. By content we specifically mean at the very least: good descriptions of the things you have made, how you made them, what they are made from, some pictures posted directly to this site and yes, if you would like your prices and special offers.

Quite simply if there is not enough information in a commercially oriented post for someone to make a considered decision about whether they like something enough to buy it without visiting another site, then it is not really appropriate to post it here.

Whilst the above only applies to a small minority, could everybody please help support the WAHMs who stick by the rules and more generally help us maintain the quality of content for the benefit of everyone, by either making sure you do not spam or telling us about anybody who does spam in this way. If you are not sure what is acceptable please do not hesitate to ask.

You can find our WAHM guidelines here:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13

if you haven't already read them or need a refresher.

Return to Cloth Nappy Tree Rules