Recovery after a Caesarean Section.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Recovery after a Caesarean Section.

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 am

sim wrote:Boo. Take it easy woman!

My scar was quite lumpy, horrible and uneven for a good few months but after a year or so it was flat and pale pink and now (5 years on) it's barely visible unless you know it's there.

Yup what Sim said - mine's a pale line now you don't notice - it will heal in time...

Major bummer to infection though, they can be nasty so keep a close eye on it... Get some probiotics in as the abx will probably give Remy some interesting coloured nappies!!

Xxxxxxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:01 am

:doh: forgot about the nappies, feels like we have only just got rid of the spirulina coloured ones from his own abx!

Good news on the scar improvements thanks girls :hug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:12 pm

clothsister wrote:If you bleed heavier, spend the day in bed because you probably did too much the day before. X

Now I understand this! I thought I'd walk Louis down to Nippers yesterday (we live straight up a big hill that runs down to the beach - maybe a 1km walk) it felt OK doing it and I sat down while we were down there and then got J to pick us up (I knew the going up huge hill would have been too much!). Today I'm bleeding like I was on about day 2 :cry: so I'm guessing I did too much :evil: which is upsetting as I've had almost no bleeding at all for a week now!

On the up side scar looking like the scar is healing over, just gutted there is a ridge on one section ( I think where there was the dodgy steri-strips , wish I'd taken them off earlier).

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:20 pm

@clothmama!!! take it easier please. your body will literally thank you for it....

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:56 pm

I had bits that were ridged. All gone now.

Now take a chill pill and stop over exerting yourself!!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:09 pm

I always bled more after moving lots. A big clot once!! Ease off for a bit and build up slowly. Remember you've just given birth. Think what you'd advise us!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:40 am

I went to the obs today for my 2 week check up, he was happy with it, the anti-b's the GP gave me did the job. The big swollen line the length of the scar inside is apparently normal and will take weeks or if not months to go away but at least I know that it isn't anything bad. He had a good poke until he was happy with everything so feeling very sore and sorry for myself this evening but happy all is well :widesmile:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:30 am

Glad it's now healing up well! Take it easy!!!!!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Glad you are healing nicely. x

Previous

Return to Labour and Birth