hf1

Delivery at home risky?

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Delivery at home risky?

Postby smilinglou » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Well I've had a previous section but an induced successful vbac last time.
I'm on medication so I'm thinking it
Would be best to have a baby in hospital next time.
I'm on pregabalin and fluoextine

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Delivery at home risky?

Postby _michelle_ » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:29 pm

It's personal choice but I don't think I could relax enough at home after having a previous c section due to the risk of uterine rupture. I know the risk is small at 1 in 200 but where I am in birmingham they strongly advise no home births or inductions after a previous c section although obviously they can't stop you from delivering at home if that's what you feel most comfortable doing. I had my first son and twin 1 naturally and an emergency section with twin 2 (which apparently the hospital figures showed a 1-2% chance of happening which probably makes me slightly more cautious) and no4 is due in December and will hopefully be a straightforward natural birth in the hospital.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:38 pm

I think it would be a really interesting thing to bring to your midwives or consultant. They will know more about the risks and should provide you with facts so that you can make an informed decision

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Do you want a home birth ? I imagine HCP usually err on the side of caution rather but they will explain all the options xx

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:05 pm

I would like a home birth.

Return to Labour and Birth