hf1

Birth plan!

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Birth plan!

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Just wrote mine and according to the oh I'm being pushy and interfering in the midwives job!! :doh: apparently she knows how to deliver babies and should let her decide what's best :evil: I'm sorry, thought I was delivering the baby!!!
The crazy thing is all I've wrote is that I don't want to be told when to push or internal examinations and that after she's born all checks are to be done with her in my arms for at least an hour!! I'm really angry at him for not being on my side! Especially since when I was labouring with Blaine the midwife kept shouting at me for pushing because I wasn't ready even tho the need to push was overwhelming and he was born 12 minuets later!

Sorry just needed a little vent! He doesn't seam to understand how important this is to me! I didn't think we would ever have another baby and obviously all this is going to go out the window if she does decide to arrive early anyway but in a perfect world when she's to term it really doesn't feel like much to ask!!

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Birth plan!

Postby Aeseldyr » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:43 pm

:hug:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Sounds like anxiety to me. Stick ones head in sand and leave it to the professionals! Reassure him that maternity services encourage women to write a plan and to have options/ideas of what they like and they you wouldn't ask for anything that would cause risk to you or the baba xx
Last edited by ems101 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:18 pm

OMG stick to your guns! I was told I couldn't push, when I had my debrief my notes said I was "uncooperative at 4.50pm" AKA pushing without being allowed to. I thought this went on for hours at the time , he was born about 15 mins later!

It is your body, would he like to labour for you ? Oh wait he can't! Anxiety or not his job is to support you.

You are not being in the slightest unreasonable, if I ever did Labour again the pushing dictation and internals would also be the only things on my birth plan .

Do you have a birth partner?
Rob was with me but my mum was my birth partner x

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:39 pm

He is my birth partner! My mum was with Blaine but he moaned that he felt uncomfortable her being there! He was still going on, asking if I think I know better than them and I snapped and told him to stay home with the boys and I'll manage on my own! I showed him the research I was reading about interventions, even seamingly simple ones and the effect they have to show him that it's better to listen to your own body first but he's not having it! He isn't usually mean when he's anxious but I do think that may be the case as he's convinced she's going to come early even tho I'm not on strict bed rest anymore!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:45 pm

Just on my way to bed but will answer properly tomorrow (personally and professionally!) xx :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:36 pm

I think I would just day he can stay with boys and your mum is your birth partner :)

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:07 pm

My mum unfortunately lives too far away to be there! She lives about 400 miles away

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:20 pm

BekkiLB wrote:My mum unfortunately lives too far away to be there! She lives about 400 miles away

Oh no :( what about a volunteer doula x

Next

Return to Labour and Birth