Advise needed asap please

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Advise needed asap please

Postby smilinglou » Wed May 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi everyone I hope someone will reply
I'm in hospital after 2 lots of prostin and contracting but the consultant could not break my waters as his head is too high and there's a risk of cord prolapse, she's given me over 6 hours to see what happens it's been over that now.

The midwife checked me and I'm 2 cm dilated I was 1 this morning, the options I was given that if they cannot break waters then they will have to section
She said they wouldn't usually give 2 lots of prostin let alone 3 due to scar rupture risks but if I requested a 3rd they would do it (which confuses me as she seemed concerned about doing that)

So I'm not sure what to do, I'm definitely having contractions which are odd because when I sit on the ball I don't seem to feel them but when laying in bed I do, on the monitor they show up regularly

What would you do? Would you risk another prostin, ask for more time? Or just go with section and why?

Thank you so much for replying this is a really difficult time and I'd appreciate some insight from others. This is my 3rd my second was an induced vbac with the drip

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Advise needed asap please

Postby ems101 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 pm

That does seen like an odd choice. I'd be very wary to take advice from anyone other than a qualified professional. @clothmama might be able to advise. I think ask for clarification of risk, and/or a second opinion.

Good luck sweet heart, he or she will soon be in your arms one way or another

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Oh yes if the doctor says it's too risky il listen.
I'm getting a lot of pressure and cramps I think il ask for more time to progress

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Without seeing and assessing you I couldn't say, I agree with Ems to talk to the people that are there to help you come to a decision that you are happy with and if you are unsure about the options / risks etc ask them to clarify until you are. I think our protocols down allow more than 2 prostins after a CS due to the scar rupture risk. It is very tricky when baby isn't moving down as there is no pressure on your cervix to get things going and obviously cord prolapse is not something you want to happen so they would be doing a controlled ARM only if they were sure they could do it safely. Sorry I've only just seen this. Have you decided what to do @smilinglou ? Which ever way you'll soon have your lovely baby in your arms :bf: :love:

Just seen your cross post - I think that sounds like a good option :widesmile: (and probably what I'd personally do), as long as baby is happy and all the traces are going well then there is no reason to rush you especially if you feel that things are starting to progress. I know you said that it doesn't feel like anything when you are up but honestly gravity is your friend so get on the ball, walk (stairs if you can) to help bubba move down and good luck :thumbsup: :dancing: can't wait to hear your news (and updates as things progress if you can :love: :giggle: ).

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:07 pm

I'd highly recommend stairs ;-)

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed May 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Thank you for your advise, they are going to do controlled arm tomo morning :) il be so scared but going to use the gas and air again to get through it, love the stuff lol

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Sounds good. Get some rest tonight if you can x

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Thu May 19, 2016 6:42 am

Thinking of you @smilinglou. I hope this morning goes really smoothly for you. :hug:

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Thu May 19, 2016 7:02 am

Thinking of you.
How are things @smilinglou
Hoping you are enjoying newborn squish

Next

Return to Labour and Birth