hf1

Keeping chickens?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Keeping chickens?

Postby confusinglady » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:43 am

:evil: argh! I have always said I wouldn't get chickens. Several people mentioned it when we moved as our garden is significantly bigger and it was in the deeds that we couldn't have them at our old house.

Since seeing this post, I keep thinking. ' hmmm maybe we should get chickens!' Argh! What are you doing to me!!!!! :hohoho:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:47 am

I like the idea of the eggs, but I don't like the idea of chicken poo everywhere and rats are a general problem in the area so that puts me off too.
I mentioned it to DH and he said if we had a bit of land he'd get some sheep! Well i never expected him to say that!!! How cool would that be!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:37 am

@clothmama

Pics of my new set up and my lovely ladies free ranging. Happy to introduce our hens, named Karen, Kevin (Dexters choice :roll: ) and Korma(dh's choice).

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:13 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: Those names are brilliant!!! What breed are they @Allie ? I love the feathers on the middle one in the last pic, very cute!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:08 pm

@clothmama. The large black speckled one on the left is Karen the maran. The middle grey one (Korma) is a grey partridge Wyandotte and the little crazy haired one is Kevin the Polish bantam.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:02 am

Good choices on the names!

Previous

Return to The Chicken Coop