hf1

We're getting chooks yay

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: We're getting chooks yay

Postby happytails » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:49 am

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:@happytails we're just outside Glasgow so a fair bit away. I really want a silkie but are they ok to be kept in with larger normal hens? We have a good sized garden and the coop has a run attached plus we're going to chicken proof the garden.
Going to have a Google about and find some hopefully near us.

Yeah a silkie would be fine with others If bought at the same time. Happy chicks deliver to Glasgow so you could still order from there if you like. Sarah, the owner, is really helpful and they take the vaccination and well being of poultry very seriously xx they sell silkies too xx

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:27 pm

ooh brill will have a look then thanks x

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:52 pm

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:@happytails we're just outside Glasgow so a fair bit away. I really want a silkie but are they ok to be kept in with larger normal hens? We have a good sized garden and the coop has a run attached plus we're going to chicken proof the garden.
Going to have a Google about and find some hopefully near us.

We have a silkie in with our ex batts and she's fine :D . They don't necessarily need to be bought at the same time (mine wasn't), you just have to integrate them and allow the pecking order to be established.

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm

We got out first lot from happychicks too, fab place and really helpful lady that runs it.

We'd had a silkie too and they are really friendly and mix well with the other larger breeds.

Previous

Return to The Chicken Coop