hf1

Chickens

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Chickens

Postby teganplus2 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Tell him to start peeing in the garden :giggle: apparently that's the cheapest way to deter them as the scent puts them off!

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:14 pm

:hohoho: That made me chuckle sooooo much, I had incredibly funny visions of Dh going for a ciggarette and then having a wee!! :giggle:
I told Dh and he just gave me a funny look!!!
xx

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:33 pm

teganplus2 wrote:Tell him to start peeing in the garden :giggle: apparently that's the cheapest way to deter them as the scent puts them off!

:barflol:

My avatar
4timeslucky
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby 4timeslucky » Sat May 05, 2012 8:50 pm

I've thought about chickens for when we move back home when the building work is finished. I'm not so worried about foxes, haven't seen one for ages but they must be about. I worry about the food attracting rats, anybody know if it does? We already live in a bad area for rodents - near a railway line and a river.

My avatar
4timeslucky
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby 4timeslucky » Sat May 05, 2012 8:52 pm

teganplus2 wrote:Tell him to start peeing in the garden :giggle: apparently that's the cheapest way to deter them as the scent puts them off!

I wish you could do that for rodents. We had mice in the old house and I was a jumpy nervous wreck. I'd make my oh pee outside all the time :giggle:

Previous

Return to The Chicken Coop