My chicken coop plans!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

My chicken coop plans!

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:12 pm

:yahoo: :yahoo: I've finally after months and months of research as to what I want got my plans completed :yahoo: :yahoo: I just need to work out what I need to order and get going! I still need to do an overall picture of the run and coop so that is all planned out and draw what I want to do in the interior.
Here is the map of the layout (I don't think it is as straight as that but gives an idea!).
You'll have to excuse my drawing in some of them - me and perspective are not very good friends :giggle:

I have a 2m x 2m thick concrete base that I am starting with which is an enormous bonus as from my research this is the gold standard for keeping predators out! There is also an existing gate just near it which will be the entrance to the run, there are even a few posts already up forming the 4 x 10 metre area. I can't find a closer picture right now but this is the set up to give you an idea:

This shows you the looking down view of the coop:
And the 'front' (the side you see from the house):
and the right hand side where there are the 'hanging' laying boxes (although I have seen one coop where they have built a cupboard under so I may do that as it sounds handy!)
Around the back (so pointing into the run) - I've done a picture of the exterior and interior.
and the other side (so we'll walk through the run gate and this will be on our right and how we access the coop). Exterior view (this is really weird as I couldn't work out how to show the back section (ie where the actually house bit is) in perspective so I just left it off :hohoho: so it is kind of half of it:
Inside view:

Am very excited now! Will try to get the last couple of drawings done shortly :)

@Allie I know you have been waiting patiently for these!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: My chicken coop plans!

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:15 pm

And I need to sort out a Chicken section - I didn't know where to put this :giggle:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:30 pm

@clothmama these look great. Have you thought about what you will have on top of the concrete base in the run? We use sharp sand in ours.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:21 pm

How exciting :yahoo: can't wait to see the realisation og this :yahoo:

And must say you have an awesome place - looks like a garden out of a "come to France" magazine

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Aeseldyr wrote:How exciting :yahoo: can't wait to see the realisation og this :yahoo:

And must say you have an awesome place - looks like a garden out of a "come to France" magazine

:hohoho: :hohoho: more like 'come to France and bring your shovel, hoe, digging fork and secateurs' :hohoho: :hohoho: Thank you we love it!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Allie wrote:@clothmama these look great. Have you thought about what you will have on top of the concrete base in the run? We use sharp sand in ours.

@Allie I know I'd read about a whole load of different options and I've just tried to have a look and I didn't bookmark all the info :doh: :doh: so I'm not sure what I'd decided to use :hohoho: I'll have to have a look at that sand, I've not come across that (presuming it isn't just normal sand?), of course the other question is if I can get that here! All I have actually retained in my head is I can't use normal straw (which is a shame as easy and cheap to get here!). Any other problems you can see that I've not thought of?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:26 pm

I'm sooooooooo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm desperate for chickens!!!
I have a whole board on pinterest full of ideas.

Cannot wait to see what it looks like!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:52 am

I've added the simple run layout sketch to the first post.

docmaggoo wrote:I'm desperate for chickens!!!

I'm hearing you @docmaggoo I'm starting to resent it so much when I buy eggs :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:58 am

@Allie after more reading I think I'm going to use sand in the bottom of the coop and then straw in their house bit where they will sleep.

I just had a thought though - I have put on the plans to have the shutable small door on the actual house but really shouldn't it be on the coop exterior as the whole thing is predator proof with the hardware cloth or should they be shut in by 2 doors? - confused in France :giggle:

Next

Return to The Chicken Coop